YearEnder 2022 UFC Post-fight calls: Watch Best UFC Post-fight Interviews in 2022
UFC 2022: The UFC has given us some great moments over the years. Both during fights, and after. In fact, some of…
UFC 2022: The UFC has given us some great moments over the years. Both during fights, and after. In fact, some of the greatest moments in the promotion’s history have come after a fight in the post-fight interviews. So as we close out another year in UFC history, let’s look back at some of the best post-fight interviews in the UFC in 2022. For more combat sports news, follow Insidesport.IN.
READ ALSO: Video: Best UFC knockouts in 2022
Top 5 post-fight interviews in the UFC in 2022
5. Michael Chandler at UFC 274: Kicking off our list is Michael Chandler’s post-fight interview after viciously knocking out Tony Ferguson at UFC 274. Chandler started fairly normally. However, when asked about his next move, the former title challenger showed us the side he has now become famous for. He then ended with a ferocious call-out to Conor McGregor.
4. Nate Diaz at UFC 279: 2022 saw legendary fighter Nate Diaz compete for the last time in the UFC octagon. However, he went out with a bang. A win against Tony Ferguson and a post-fight interview, to boot. The American gave a trademark Nate Diaz interview with insults hurled at Khamzat Chimaev for missing weight, a dig at Conor McGregor, and a finishing line of, “Crème de la crème right here. I’m coming for you.”
3. Paddy Pimblett at UFC London: Starting our top three has to be Paddy Pimblett’s emotional message after his win at UFC London. The scouser has developed a reputation for being a trash-talker in his short UFC career. However, at UFC London, he took the opportunity to spread an important message about mental health after he lost a friend to suicide. This makes our list solely for the value of the message.
2. Leon Edwards at UFC 278: Number two on our list and a very close runner-up is Leon Edwards’ post-fight interview after winning the UFC title. This interview had everything. Emotion, elation, disbelief, and clip-worthy moments. Edward’s description of the knockout will live on forever in UFC fans’ memory. The “Pound-for-pound, headshot, d*ad” line will forever be associated with Leon Edwards.
1. Renato Moicano at UFC 281: Number one on our list, and what we think is the best post-fight interview of 2022, comes from an unlikely fighter in Renato Moicano. The Brazilian celebrated his victory over Brad Riddell with the most incredible interview ever. From showing his praise for Joe Rogan to speaking about his rise and the lack of respect, Moicano spoke about everything. He then finished by talking about himself in the third person, with a line that UFC fans will never forget. “Moicano! Wants! Money!”
What do you make of our list of the top five UFC post-fight interviews of 2022? Which post-fight interview do you think was the best?
For more combat sports news, follow Insidesport.IN.