IPL 2022 Retentions LIVE Updates – Final LIST Unveiled: The much-awaited Retentions by teams for forthcoming IPL 2022 has been unveiled. The retentions have gone on expected lines with 8 franchises retaining 27 players in total. Rohit Sharma (Mumbai Indians), Ravindra Jadeja (CSK) & Rishabh Pant (DC) were given the highest pay cheque for next 3 seasons of IPL. Each will be getting 16 Crore in salary per season for next 3 IPL’s. Check the FULL List of RELEASED & RETAINED players & minute by minute updates on retentions: Follow IPL 2022 Retentions LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN
IPL 2022 FULL RETAINED PLAYERS list by 8 IPL Franchises
- MI Retained Players: Rohit Sharma (16 Cr), Jasprit Bumrah (12 Cr), Suryakumar Yadav (8 Cr) Kieron Pollard (6 Cr) – No Place for Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Trent Boult, Quinton De Kock – Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- RCB Retained Players: Virat Kohli (15 Cr) Glenn Maxwell (11 Cr), Mohammed Siraj (7 Cr) – 57 Cr Player Purse remained.
- PBKS Retained Players List: Mayank Agarwal (14 Crore), Arshdeep Singh (4 Crore): Player Purse Remaining – 72 Crore
- SRH Retained Players List: Kane Williamson (14 Cr), Abdul Samad (4 Cr), Umran Malik (4 Cr): Player Purse Remaining – 68 Cr
- CSK Retained Players List: Ravindra Jadeja (16 Cr) MS Dhoni (12 Cr), Moeen Ali (8 Cr), Ruturaj Gaikwad (6 Cr) – No place for Faf Du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo and Ambati Ryudu, Suresh Raina: Player Purse Remaining 42 Crore
- DC Retained Players: Rishabh Pant (16 Cr) , Axar Patel (9 Cr), Prithvi Shaw (7.5 Cr), Anrich Nortje (6.5 Cr): 47.5 Cr remaining in purse: Kagiso Rabada, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Ashwin, Avesh Khan released.
- RR Retained Players: Sanju Samson (14 Cr), Jos Buttler (10 Cr), Yashasvi Jaiswal (4 Cr) – 62 Cr Player Purse remaining / No place for JOFRA Archer, Ben Stokes
- KKR Retained Players: Andre Russell (12 Cr), Varun Chakravarthy (8 Cr), Venkatesh Iyer (8 Cr), Sunil Narine (6 Cr) – No place for captain Eoin Morgan, Shubman Gill or Pat Cummins: Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
IPL 2022 Auction – Player Purse Remaining for each team
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 3 Players Retained, 57 Crore Remaining
- Mumbai Indians: 4 Players Retained, 48 Crore Remaining
- Punjab Kings: 2 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 72 Crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 3 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 68 Cr
- Chennai Super Kings: 4 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining 42 Crore
- Delhi Capitals: 4 Players retained, 47.5 Cr remaining in player purse.
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 4 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- Rajasthan Royals: 3 Players Retained, Player purse remaining 62 Crore
What every team says?
Punjab Kings: Anil Kumble says, ‘Disappointed that we could not retain KL Rahul. We tried but he wanted to go into auction’
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Tom Moody says, ‘We wanted to retain Rashid Khan but could not come to consensus, we will try to get him in auction’
Mumbai Indians: Akash Ambani says, ‘My heartbreaks as we have to let go players of the caliber of Hardik, Ishan or any other Mumbai player’
Chennai Super Kings: Ravindra Jadeja says, ‘Proud to be retained by CSK, very happy to be retained by the team. We will do well once again’
Delhi Capitals: Parth Jindal says, ‘Heartbreaking to let Shreyas, Shikhar and Ashwin go. IPL needs to look at the format of retention, unfair to lose players’
Big Names Not Getting Retained: Hardik Pandya (MI), PBKS – KL Rahul, SRH – Rashid Khan, RCB – Yuzi Chahal, CSK – Dwayne Bravo, RR – Ben Stokes, DC – Shikhar Dhawan, KKR – Shubman Gill
TOP 5 Takeaways from IPL Retentions
1) MS Dhoni’s Big Sacrifice: Instead of securing biggest pay cheque for himself, MS Dhoni & CSK decided to retain Ravindra Jadeja by giving him 16 Crore salary. Dhoni has been retained for 12 Crores.
2) IPL Legends Not Required: Franchises did not get emotional and instead of retaining legends of yesterday have decided to invest on youth who can carry the team for the next 3 seasons. Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Shikhar Dhawan, Faf Du Plessis – all have been released by their franchsies irrespective of being proven performers
3) Players are the Real Boss: Despite their best attempts to retain top players, franchises failed to fulfil their expectations and had to let go of their favorite players. KL Rahul, Rashid Khan, Shreyas Iyer all decided to be in auction instead of getting retained.
4) Franchises call RETENTION SYSTEM UNFAIR: ‘You groom the players and then you let them go, it is unfair’ said Parth Jindal, the co-owner of Delhi Capitals. Most of the franchsies were disappointed that they have to let go of the players who they have groomed over the years.
5) UNCAPPED Players Lotteries: Yashaswi Jaiswal (RR), Arshdeep Singh (PBKS), Abdul Samad (SRH) & Usman Malik (SRH) – all 4 are uncapped players and all 4 have got biggest pay cheque of their lives as they were retained by their franchisers for 4 Crores each.
IPL 2022 Retentions LIVE Updates: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma RETAINED, Check full LIST of RETAINED & RELEASED players: Follow LIVE updates
CHECK all NORMS for RETENTIONS
- Salary Cap – 90 Crore
- Old Franchises: Will Name Retained Players by 30th November 2021, a maximum of 4 players can be retained. 3 Indians & maximum of two foreigners
- New Franchises: 2 New teams to finalize their 3 players outside of auction between 1st December 2021 to 30th December 2021. Not more than 2 Indians & 1 foreigner
- RTM Cards: There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards this time around.
TOTAL Players Purse – 90 Crore: How the retentions will work?
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
|Deduction for 3 Players||INR 33 Cr|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
|Deductions for 2 Players||INR 24 Cr|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
|Deduction for 1 Player||INR 14 Cr|
For more sports news and IPL 2022 Retention live updates, follow us at InsideSport.IN