CSK vs MI IPL 2021 – MS Dhoni Crazy Hitting: CSK captain MS Dhoni is desperate to shed his batting woes this time in IPL in UAE. The most decorated & most revered CSK legend is spending almost 3-4 hours daily at the nets to get his batting mojo back. In Phase 1 of IPL 2021 Dhoni just managed 37 runs in 1st 7 matches but all that is likely to change in the IPL Phase 2 starting from Sunday – Follow IPL 2021 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co
IPL 2021: CSK captain MS Dhoni working very hard, spending 3-4 hours in nets to get his batting mojo back
CSK vs MI IPL 2021 – MS Dhoni Crazy Hitting: According to the CSK insiders – Dhoni has worked so hard in the nets on his batting that he may surprise everyone with his fitness and big shots.
“He has worked very hard. What we could see is, every session of his has some purpose to it. He can suprise everyone with his batting this time”, said one of the source in the CSK Dressing Room.
If indications from CSK’s practice match is to be believed than Dhoni is ready to destroy bowlers once again with his big hits.
At 40, Dhoni still has the power to clear balls out of the park at ease. But can he do it consistently & with the same intensity is the question everyone will be looking at.
Dhoni’s Sixes 🤝🏻 Our love for Thala
— Chennai Super Kings – Mask P😷du Whistle P🥳du! (@ChennaiIPL) August 24, 2021
IPL 2021- CSK vs MI: Former KKR captain, Gambhir has advised MS Dhoni to change batting position ahead of the opening match against Mumbai Indians.
“MS was a player who would’ve actually batted at number 4 or 5 but we’ve seen in the first leg that he normally bats at number 6 or 7. There are times when he’s actually pushed Sam Curran before him as well,” said Gautam Gambhir speaking on Star Sports show Game Plan.
He opined that the 40-year old is essentially trying to be a mentor by providing youngsters with a chance.
“MS Dhoni is probably trying to be a mentor and a wicketkeeper, who can lead the side and keep wickets. If the situation comes to a point where he probably has to play 8 or 10 balls, he can just go out there and whack them,” said Gambhir.
Gambhir also asked Dhoni to be wary of the trouble he might face while playing world-class bowlers in the IPL as he no longer plays international cricket now.
“It’s going to be difficult for him, because once you are not playing international cricket, the IPL is a very difficult tournament, its not like CPL and other leagues. IPL is where you face top-quality bowlers,” he further stated.
Schedule / Teams / Live / Points Table / Orange Cap / Purple Cap
- MS Dhoni’s form is a big concern for CSK, he managed just 37 runs in IPL 2021 phase 1. His scores read 0, 18, 17 and 2*
- He needs to deliver in the middle order as it was the prime reason behind CSK’s failure last season.
- MS Dhoni had managed just 200 runs in the last edition of IPL held in UAE. His failures had forced CSK to end at 7th spot in IPL Points Table
- With MS Dhoni not playing any other forms of cricket, there are concerns where the legendary player can prove himself in the IPL 2021
- Leg spinner have been a big threat to Dhoni, he struggles against the likes of Sunil Narine, Rahul Chahar and Varun Chakaravarthy.
- At 40, Dhoni is the fittest cricketer among the current pool of IPL players. The main question being asked is- Will he deliver in UAE?
- Since CSK has managed to win 5 out of 7 matches, Dhoni will be looking for a continued improved show in UAE.
- The legendary cricketer can add another feather to his cap by scoring 331 runs to complete 5000 runs in the IPL
- In-form MS Dhoni is a big plus for CSK as he can dominate the opposition in the death overs.
|Batting and Fielding||Mat||No||Runs||HS||Ave||BF||SR||100||50||4s||6s||CT||ST|
CSK new schedule- IPL 2021
Here’s the full list of fixtures, venues and match timings for (CSK).
|Match No.||Day||Date||Time (IST)||Match||Venue|
|30||Sunday||19-Sep-21||07:30 PM||CSK vs MI||Dubai|
|35||Friday||24-Sep-21||07:30 PM||RCB vs CSK||Sharjah|
|38||Sunday||26-Sep-21||03:30 PM||CSK vs KKR||Abu Dhabi|
|44||Thursday||30-Sep-21||07:30 PM||SRH vs CSK||Sharjah|
|47||Saturday||02-Oct-21||07:30 PM||RR vs CSK||Abu Dhabi|
|50||Monday||04-Oct-21||07:30 PM||DC vs CSK||Dubai|
|53||Thursday||07-Oct-21||03:30 PM||CSK vs PBKS||Dubai|
Chennai Super Kings Squad: MS Dhoni (capt), Ambati Rayudu, C Hari Nishanth, Cheteshwar Pujara, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Harisankar Reddy, Imran Tahir, Josh Hazlewood, K Bhagath Varma, K Gowtham, Karn Sharma, KM Asif, Lungi Ngidi, Mitchell Santner, Moeen Ali, Narayan Jagadeesan, R Sai Kishore, Ravindra Jadeja, Robin Uthappa, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sam Curran, Shardul Thakur, Suresh Raina
For more sports news and IPL 2021 Phase 2 live updates, follow us at insidesport.co