Home
Football
Spain vs Albania Prediction: La Roja to end groupstage with easy win over Albania in Euro 2024

Spain vs Albania Prediction: La Roja to end groupstage with easy win over Albania in Euro 2024

Spain’s 1-0 victory over Italy on Matchday 2 not only secured their spot in the knockout stage but also confirmed them as winners of Group B

Albania faces a do-or-die situation against an already-qualified Spain in the final Group B match of UEFA Euro 2024. Spain aim to win their first three games of a European Championship for the second time, having achieved this in 2008, a tournament they went on to win. Ahead of the Spain vs Albania game let us take a look at the predictions.

Spain vs Albania Prediction:

Despite having secured their place in the last 16 and likely making several changes, the Opta supercomputer predicts that Spain will make it three wins from three. According to 10,000 pre-match simulations, La Roja wins 73.2% of the time. Albania needs to win to have any chance of advancing and does so in only 11.6% of simulations, while a draw occurs in the remaining 15.2%.

Spain has been dominant in both of their previous games and aims to continue their strong performance. While Albania has proven to be a tough competitor, giving Italy a run for their money in their opening game, Spain is the stronger team on paper and holds the upper hand. Thus we at Insidesport.IN predict La Roja to claim a 2-0 win in the game

Spain form

Spain’s 1-0 victory over Italy on Matchday 2 not only secured their spot in the knockout stage but also confirmed them as winners of Group B. Manager Luis de la Fuente may opt to rest his key players against Albania, especially after their strenuous effort against Italy. Nico Williams, who was in sensational form against Italy, played a crucial role in securing the win with his cross leading to Riccardo Calafiori’s own goal. Williams created the most chances (4) and completed the joint-most dribbles (4) among Spain players in that match.

Given Spain’s confirmed top spot, Pedri might be among those rested in Düsseldorf. However, one player who will definitely be absent is Rodri, who is suspended after receiving yellow cards against both Croatia and Italy.

Albania form

Albania currently sits in third place in Group B and has been fairly impressive in the tournament. The Balkan team held Croatia to a 2-2 draw last week and will aim to elevate their performance in this crucial fixture. Notably, Albania has scored the opening goal in both of their matches at Euro 2024, although they have yet to secure a win (D1, L1).

Sylvinho’s team has conceded two goals in each of their Group B games, despite having only conceded two or more goals in one of their previous 14 matches in all competitions. They haven’t conceded 2+ goals in three consecutive games since a streak between October 2016 and June 2017.

Kristjan Asllani is expected to be a key player if Albania is to challenge Spain’s perfect record. In their two matches, Asllani leads all Albanian players in shots attempted (4), shots on target (2), successful passes (91), and passes in the final third (20). He has also created the joint-most chances (3) for his team.

Spain vs Albania Predicted XI

Spain Predicted XI:
Raya; Navas, Vivian, Laporte, Grimaldo; Merino, Zubimendi, Baena; Torres, Joselu, Oyarzabal

Albania Predicted XI:
Strakosha; Hysaj, Ajeti, Djimsiti, Mitaj; Asllani, Ramadani; Asani, Laci, Bajrami; Manaj

Spain vs Albania Squads

Albania

Elhan Kastrati, Etrit Berisha, Thomas Strakosha, Ardian Ismajli, Arlind Ajeti, Berat Djimsiti, Elseid Hysaj, Enea Mihaj, Iván Balliu, Marash Kumbulla, Mario Mitaj, Naser Aliji, Amir Abrashi, Ernest Muçi, Klaus Gjasula, Kristjan Asllani, Medon Berisha, Nedim Bajrami, Qazim Laçi, Ylber Ramadani, Arbër Hoxha, Armando Broja, Jasir Asani, Mirlind Daku, Rey Manaj, Taulant Seferi.

Head coach: Sylvinho

Spain

Álex Remiro, David Raya, Unai Simón, Álex Grimaldo, Aymeric Laporte, Dani Carvajal, Dani Vivian, Jesús Navas, Marc Cucurella, Nacho, Robin Le Normand, Álex Baena, Fabián Ruiz, Fermín López, Martín Zubimendi, Mikel Merino, Pedri, Rodri, Álvaro Morata, Ayoze Pérez, Dani Olmo, Ferran Torres, Joselu, Lamine Yamal, Mikel Oyarzabal, Nico Williams.

Head coach: Luis de la Fuente

Follow
Share

Editors pick

Probable India squad vs Sri Lanka: KL Rahul captaincy & Shreyas Iyer return confirmed?
Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?