Paris 2024

Home
Football
Netherlands vs France Prediction: Euro 2024 contenders to play out entertaining draw in Leipzig

Netherlands vs France Prediction: Euro 2024 contenders to play out entertaining draw in Leipzig

France has a strong record with Giroud in the starting lineup, winning 71.9% of their games under Deschamps

Both the Netherlands and France began their UEFA Euro 2024 campaigns with victories, though neither performance was entirely convincing. On Friday, they face off in a heavyweight clash at the Red Bull Arena in Leipzig that could determine who tops Group D. Ahead of the Netherlands vs France game, let us take a look at the predictions.

Netherlands vs France Prediction

Despite the uncertainty surrounding Kylian Mbappé’s availability due to a broken nose, France are favoured to secure their second win. The Opta supercomputer gives France a 52.3% chance of victory, compared to 24.4% for the Netherlands, with a 23.3% likelihood of a draw. Considering both teams’ form and squad depth, we at Insidesport.IN predicts a 2-2 draw.

France form

France currently sits second in Group D and has started their campaign strongly. Ronald Koeman’s Netherlands team had Cody Gakpo and Wout Weghorst to thank for their 2-1 comeback victory against Poland in their opening match. Mbappé’s status is uncertain, as he is set to be fitted with a protective mask ahead of a potential return.

Didier Deschamps has a wealth of attacking options at his disposal. Randal Kolo Muani can play a similar role to Mbappé, while Olivier Giroud could offer a more traditional focal point. France has a strong record with Giroud in the starting lineup, winning 71.9% of their games under Deschamps (64/89), compared to 57.3% without him (43/75).

Netherlands form

The Netherlands, meanwhile, looked vulnerable to an upset in their opener before Gakpo and Weghorst secured their 2-1 victory. Weghorst’s winner came with his first touch after being introduced as an 81st-minute substitute, marking his fourth goal at a major tournament (World Cup/Euros). Notably, three of these goals have come as a substitute, making him the Dutch player with the most goals off the bench in major tournaments.

Memphis Depay started up front against Poland but struggled, failing to hit the target with any of his four shots. Despite this, he is expected to retain his place in Koeman’s lineup on Friday. However, if Depay underperforms again, Weghorst is likely to be introduced earlier in the match.

Netherlands vs France Predicted XI:

Netherlands Predicted XI:

Verbruggen; Dumfries, De Vrij, Van Dijk, Ake; Schouten, Veerman; Simons, Reijnders, Gakpo; Depay

France Predicted XI:

Maignan; Kounde, Saliba, Upamecano, Hernandez; Kante, Rabiot; Dembele, Griezmann, Thuram; Giroud

Netherlands vs France Squads

Netherlands

Bart Verbruggen, Justin Bijlow, Mark Flekken, Daley Blind, Denzel Dumfries, Jeremie Frimpong, Lutsharel Geertruida, Matthijs de Ligt, Micky van de Ven, Nathan Aké, Stefan de Vrij, Virgil van Dijk, Ian Maatsen, Georginio Wijnaldum, Jerdy Schouten, Joey Veerman, Ryan Gravenberch, Tijjani Reijnders, Xavi Simons, Brian Brobbey, Joshua Zirkzee, Cody Gakpo, Donyell Malen, Memphis Depay, Steven Bergwijn, Wout Weghorst.

Head coach: Ronald Koeman

France

Alphonse Areola, Brice Samba, Mike Maignan, Benjamin Pavard, Dayot Upamecano, Ferland Mendy, Ibrahima Konaté, Jonathan Clauss, Jules Koundé, Théo Hernández, William Saliba, Adrien Rabiot, Aurélien Tchouaméni, Eduardo Camavinga, N’Golo Kanté, Warren Zaïre-Emery, Youssouf Fofana, Antoine Griezmann, Bradley Barcola, Kingsley Coman, Kylian Mbappé, Marcus Thuram, Olivier Giroud, Ousmane Dembélé, Randal Kolo Muani.

Head coach: Didier Deschamps

Follow
Share

Editors pick

Nehra to leave Gujarat Titans ahead of IPL 2025, Yuvraj likely replacement: Report
Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?