With a lift of 300kgs overall in the men’s 67kg final, Jeremy has helped India win their second medal.
CWG 2022 India DAY 3 Highlights: Jeremy Lalrinnunga and Achinta Sheuli WIN GOLD medals in Weighlifting, India blank South Africa 3-0 in Badminton to reach semis, Men’s Hockey team defeats Ghana 11-0: Follow LIVE UPDATES
CWG 2022 India DAY3 LIVE – India Today CWG 2022 LIVE – . Jeremy Lalrinnunga & Achinta Sheuli win gold for India…
CWG 2022 India DAY3 LIVE – India Today CWG 2022 LIVE – . Jeremy Lalrinnunga & Achinta Sheuli win gold for India in CWG 2022: Weightlifter Achinta Sheuli has won India’s third gold medal in Weighlifting as he finished in teh first place in the Men’s 73 kg category. This is India’s sixth medal in the sport as he created a Commonwealth Games record by lifting a total of 313 kgs. Earlier in the day, Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnuga created a new Games record in the Commonwealth Games and has won gold with an overall lift of 300kg. Follow Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN
Achinta Sheuli win gold: 20-year-old Achinta Sheuli smashed the Games record by lifting a total of 313kg to win the gold medal in the men’s 73kg category. Sheuli first broke the Games record twice in the Snatch round, lifting 140kg and 143kg. He then lifted 166kg and 170kg in the clean and jerk round to register a Games record for the overall weight.
But in Boxing Shiva Thapa has lost his LAST-16 bout. Though the Women’s World Boxing Champion Nikhat Zareen moved into quarterfinals of the light flyweight category after a win over Helena Ismael Bagao. In the women cricket contest, India beat Pakistan by eight wickets to register first win. Meanwhile, India’s mixed badminton team has reached semifinals after blanking South Africa 3-0.
CWG 2022 Day 3 RESULT Highlights for India
- Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnuga wins GOLD Medal for India
- World Boxing Champion Nikhat Zareen moves into Last 8 of light fly weight category
- Shiva Thapa BOWS out in Last 16 BOUT in 63.5kg Light Welterweight. Thapa lost 1-4 to Reese Lynch of Scotland.
- Indian Men’s Table Tennis has made it to the SEMIFINALS beating Bangladesh 3-0
- India women’s cricket team defeated Pakistan by eight wickets to secure their first win in CWG
- Joshna Chinappa defeated New Zealand’s Kaitlyn Watts to reach the women’s singles quarterfinals
- India mixed badminton team reach semifinals with 3-0 win over South Africa.
- Weightlifter Achinta Sheuli wins GOLD Medal for India
CWG Day 3 India Full Schedule
Gymnastics: 01:30 PM IST: Men’s All Around Final – Yogeshwar Singh
Yogeshwar Singh, the lone Indian in the men’s all-around final, finishes 15th in artistic gymnastics.
Weightlifting – 02:00 PM IST: Men’s 67kg – Jeremy Lalrinnunga
Cycling – 02:30 PM IST: Men’s 15 km Scratch Race, Qualification – Vishavjeet Singh
- Cycling – 02:30 PM IST : Men’s Sprint, Qualification Esow Alben, Ronaldo Laitonjam
Ronaldo has moved into the next round of the men’s sprint. He finished 13th, clocking 10.012 to progress further. The other two has failed in their objective.
- Aquatics Swimming– 03:00 PM IST: Men’s 200m Butterfly, Heals – Sajan Prakash
Sajan Prakash finished fourth in the men’s 200m butterfly heats 3, clocking 1:58.99.
- Aquatics – Swimming – 03:00 PM IST: Men’s 50m Backstroke, Heats – Srihari Nataraj
Srihari Nataraj has moved into the semifinals of the men’s 50m backstroke. He finished second in Heat 2, clocking 25.52.
- Triathlon – 03:30 PM IST: Mixed Relay Team, Final, Pragnya Mohan/Adarsh Murlidharan/Vishwanath Yadav/Sanjana Joshi
India finished 10th in the triathlon mixed team relay final. The Indian quartet of Adarsh Muralidharan, Nair Sinimol, Pragnya Mohan, Vishwanath Yadav and Sanjana Sunil Joshi clocked a total time of 1:31:43 in the three-event competition.
- Cricket T20 – 03:30 PM IST: Women’s Cricket T20, Group A Match, India v Pakistan
India Women defeated Pakistan by 8 wickets.
- Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls – 04:00 PM IST: Men’s Pairs, Sectional Play – Round 5, Sunil Bahadur/Dinesh Kumar
India’s Sunil Bahadur and Dinesh Kumar progressed to the quarterfinals after defeating England
Boxing – 04:30 PM IST: Women’s Over 48kg – 50kg (Light Fly), Round of 16, Nikhat Zareen
Nikhat Zareen did not break much sweat to defeat Helena Ismael Bagao with the contest being stopped in the third round. The world champion has moved into the quarterfinals of the competition.
Boxing – 05:15 PM IST: Men’s Over 60kg – 63.5kg (Light Welter), Round of 16, Shiva Thapa
It is a big upset for India as boxer Shiva Thapa has lost his LAST-16 bout.
- Badminton: 10 PM IST: India vs South Africa in MIXED Team Quarterfinals – India Beat South Africa 3-0
Tie 1: India’s Mixed Doubles pair Ashwini Ponnappa and Sumeeth Reddy beat Jarred Elliott and Deidre Jordaan 21-9, 21-11.
Tie 2: Lakshya Sen BEAT Kaden Kakora 21-5, 21-6.
Tie 3: Aakarshi Kashyap BEAT Johanita Scholtz 21-11, 21-16
Squash – 06:00 PM IST: Women’s Singles – Joshna Chinnappa vs Kaitlyn Watts
Joshna Chinappa defeated New Zealand’s Kaitlyn Watts to reach the women’s singles quarterfinals. She won 11-8, 9-11, 11-4, 11-6.
Squash – 06:45 PM IST: Men’s Singles – Saurav Ghoshal vs David –
Saurav Ghoshal defeated Canada’s David Baillargeon 11-6, 11-2, 11-6 to advance to quarterfinals
Weightlifting – 06:30 PM IST: Women’s 59kg, Popy Hazarika
Popy Hazarika finishes seventh in the Women’s 59 KG event with a total lift of 183 kg (81 kg+ 102 kg).
Hockey – 08:30 PM IST: Men’s Hockey, Group Match, India v Ghana
Indian Men’s Hockey team begins CWG 2022 on a dominant fashion as they defeat Ghana 11-0.
Cycling – 09:00 PM IST: Women’s 500 m Time Trial, Triyasha Paul, Mayuri Lute
Mayuri Lute finished 18th in the final of Women’s 500m time trial.
Weightlifting – 11:00 PM IST: Men’s 73kg, Achinta Sheuli
Achinta Sheuli wins gold by lifting 313 kgs and created a Commonwealth Games record.
Boxing: August 01 – 12:15 AM IST: Men’s Over 71kg – 75kg (Middle), Round of 16, Sumit Kundu
Sumit Kundu suffers a 0-5 defeat to Australia’s Callum Peters in 75kg Round of 16 bout.
Boxing – August 01 – 01:00 AM IST: Men’s Over 92kg (Super Heavy), Round of 16, Sagar Sagar
Sagar advances to quarterfinal after defeating Cameroon’s Maxime Yegnong Njieyo 5-0.