India vs Australia Highlights: Mitchell Starc, Marsh ran riot as Australia thrash India in Vizag, level series with 10 wicket win – Watch Highlights
India vs Australia LIVE Score – India Playing XI 2nd ODI: Steve Smith has won the toss and put India into bat…
India vs Australia LIVE Score – India Playing XI 2nd ODI: Steve Smith has won the toss and put India into bat in the 2nd ODI at Vizag. India captain Rohit Sharma returns in place of Ishan Kishan. With spin likely to play part in the IND vs AUS Vizag ODI, Axar Patel replaces Shardul Thakur in the side.. But the match will also be a big test for Suryakumar Yadav, who is yet to cement his place and got a golden duck in the 1st ODI. Follow India vs Australia LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN.
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami
Australia (Playing XI): Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith(c), Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey(w), Cameron Green, Marcus Stoinis, Sean Abbott, Nathan Ellis, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa
Despite missing Rohit, India comfortably beat Australia in the opening match to take a 1-0 lead in the series. Barring Shardul Thakur, all the bowlers bagged a wicket each at least. But it was India’s two pace pillars — Mohammed Siraj and Mohammad Shami — who set the tone with three wickets each.
Mohammed Siraj REVEALS on which special wickets he does Cristiano Ronaldo celebrations, WATCH Mohammed Shami quick to roast fellow-pacer
However, Ishan Kishan failed to impress once again, scoring a lowly 3 on a seaming wicket. Since his double century, he has crossed the double digits only once, scoring 17. With limited chances on offer, he failed to capitalise in the 1st ODI. With Rohit back, he will once again be exiled to the bench.
Suryakumar Yadav is another batter who has struggled to cement his spot in ODIs. The World No 1 T20 batter scored a golden duck in the 1st ODI. In 21 ODIs so far, SKY is averaging a lowly 27.06 with just two half-centuries.
What to expect from Vizag ODI?
- India lead in the series 1-0 and it will be a chance for India to clinch 8 consecutive home ODI series in India.
- The last time, India lost an ODI series was back in 2019 against Australia.
- India put up a brilliant bowling show in Mumbai as Australia collapsed yet again.
- In the third ODI, captain Rohit Sharma will return, taking the charge from Hardik Pandya.
- As a result, Ishan Kishan will be dropped to the bench with Shubman Gill preferred opener across all formats.
- However, despite failing in the first ODI, Suryakmar Yadav will keep his place with Shreyas Iyer out injured.
- There could be one change in bowling. India went pace heavy with four seamers in the line-up in Mumbai.
- But in Vizag, India could bring back Axar Patel in place of Shardul Thakur, who went wicketless in 1st ODI.
The reason for bringing in Axar Patel will be based on conditions. As India have preferred horses for course strategy, Vizag’s spin-friendly wicket could prompt an Axar comeback. Furthermore, the ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam is the best batting wicket of the lot. Hence, India would want an in-form extra batter in the line-up. Axar was India’s best batter in the Border Gavaskar Trophy.
India ODI Squad: Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan(w), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya(c), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Jaydev Unadkat
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow IND vs AUS Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.