SRH vs RR Highlights – IPL 2021 SRH play spoilsport as Jason Roy & Williamson half-centuries help Hyderabad beat Rajasthan by 7 wickets- Sanju Samson’s brilliant 82 off 57 balls went in vain as Jason Roy and Kane Williamson scored half-centuries to power Sunrisers Hyderabad to their only second win of the season and beat Rajasthan Royals by 7 wickets – Follow IPL 2021 Live Updates on InsideSport.co
SRH vs RR Highlights: SRH play spoilsport for Rajasthan Royals, Jason Roy & Williamson slam half-centuries to help Hyderabad beat RR by 7 wickets
IPL Points table: The win meant SRH played spoilsport, denting Rajasthan Royals’ playoff hopes. The second win helped SRH score 4 points from 10 matches but they stay at the bottom of the pile. The loss meant, Rajasthan Royals are 6th with 8 points from 10 matches.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Opting to bat, Rajasthan Royals were dealt an early blow, losing Evin Lewis in the second over. But Sanju Samson and Yashasvi Jaiswal put together a 50-run stand to steady the ship.
After Jaiswal fell for 36 off 23, Sanju Samson went on to hammer consecutive 50 to take the Orange Cap and a valuable partnership of 84 with Mahipal Lomror. However, some fine death-overs bowling helped SRH restrict RR to 165 with Siddharth Kaul doing his best with 2/36.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Match stats and facts:
- Sanju Samson’s 82 took him to the top of Orange Cap leaderboard with 433 runs, replacing Delhi Capiatls’ Shikhar Dhawan (430).
- This is Sanju Samson’s best IPL season. scoring 433 runs in 10 innings at an average of 54.12. He needs 8 more runs to make it his best ever. In IPL 2018, he scored 441 runs at an average of 31.50.
- Sanju Samson also completed 3000 IPL runs, only 19th batsman in IPL to achieve that feat and the first from RR.
- This was SRH’s 2nd victory of IPL 2021.
- Jason Roy became the second SRH player to hit a half-century on debut.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: During the chase, Sunrisers Hyderabad were off to a flying start. Jason, Roy who replaced David Warner in teh Playing XI after a string of poor performances, did well on his debut and put up 57 runs with Wriddhiman Saha.
While Saha fell in the last over of the powerplay, Jason Roy went on to stitch together another 57-run stand with Kane Williamson to take put SRH on top. Sanju Samson & Co did try to fight back with two back to back wickets of Priyam Garg and Roy, but it wasn’t enough.. Kane Williamson commanded Rajasthan Royals bowlers, keeping the scorercard ticking with singles and boundaries.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: In the end, Kane Williamson hit his second 50 of IPL 2021 to take SRH to a much-needed seven-wicket victory. The win won’t change anything as SRH are already out of playoff race but with four matches left, they aim to finish on a high even if it means to be playing the spoilsport.
IPL 2021 Points Table after Match 40, SRH vs RR:
IPL 2021 Teams Points Table
|1||Chennai Super Kings||10||8||2||0||16||+1.069|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||10||6||4||0||12||-0.359|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||10||4||6||0||8||+0.322|
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Earlier, in the crucial match for Rajasthan Royals against Sunrisers Hyderabad, Sanju Samson won the toss and opted to bat first. But the big update is David Warner dropped for Jason Roy in the Sunrisers Hyderabad squad.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: SRH 167/3, won by 7 wickets.
|Jason Roy||c †Samson b Sakariya||60||42||8||1||142.85|
|Wriddhiman Saha †||st †Samson b Lomror||18||11||2||1||163.63|
|Kane Williamson (c)||not out||51||41||5||1||124.39|
|Priyam Garg||c & b Mustafizur Rahman||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|Abhishek Sharma||not out||21||16||1||1||131.25|
|Extras||(b 4, lb 4, w 9)||17|
|TOTAL||(18.3 Ov, RR: 9.02)||167/3|
Yet to bat: Jason Holder, Abdul Samad, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul
Fall of wickets: 1-57 (Wriddhiman Saha, 5.1 ov), 2-114 (Jason Roy, 11.6 ov), 3-119 (Priyam Garg, 12.6 ov)
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: SRH 159/3
Over 19: Mustafizur back into attack
- FIFTY! Williamson brings up his 50, SRH win with a four.
- FOUR! Williamson hammers Mustafizur for a 4.
Over 18: Sakariya back into attack
- FOUR! Williamson smashes Sakariya for a 4, SRH need just 6 off 12.
- SIX! That’s probably the game for SRH. Abhishek hammers Sakariya for a 6 and SRH need just 15 off 16.
Over 17: Mustafizur back into attack
- Good over, just 4 runs from it.
- RR need a wicket here.
- SRH need just 26 off 24 balls and Kane Williamson is still on the crease.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Over 15: Chris Morris back into attack
- FOUR! Kane Williamson is not leaving anything to chance, hammers Morris for a 4.
Over 14: Chetan Sakariya back into attack
- Three runs so far. RR have a chance to fight back. SRH need 43 off 39.
Over 13: Mustafizur back into attack
- WICKET! Priyam Garg departs and Mustafizur with a fine catch.
- FOUR! Williamson finds the gap and it goes for 4.
Over 12: Chetan Sakariya comes into attack
- WICKET! Poor shot and Jason Roy will have to depart for 60. A good catch from Sanju Samson.
- RR need a wicket desparately.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Over 11: Tewatia continues
- FOUR! Reverse sweep and another four. 21 runs from the over.
- DROPPED! Jaiswal drops Roy and it could be the game-changing moment.
- FOUR! It’s Roy’s time to shine, hammers another 4.
- FIFTY! Roy slams 50 on debut.
- SIX! Jason Roy moves to 47 with a mammoth six off Tewatia.
Over 10: Lomror continues
- SIX! How good was it from Williamson? He just lops it and it goes for a 6.
Over 9: Tewatia continues
- 6 runs from the over.
- Good over from Tewatia, just three runs so far.
Over 6: Lomror comes into attack
- End of powerplay and 63 is the highest score of powerplay in IPL 2021.
- FOUR! Kane Williamson comes in and off teh mark with a 4.
- WICKET! Irresponsible from Saha. He tries to go for the big hit, steps out but misses and Sanju with a good stumping cleans him up.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Over 5: Chris Morris comes from the other end
- FOUR! Legbye and 4 more runs.
- FOUR! Jason Roy is off to a good start. He hits another for a 4.
Over 4: Mustafizur Rahman replaces Chris Morris
- FOUR! Poor bowling and Roy punishes Morris for a 4. 50-run partnership comes up.
- FOUR! Another from Roy. Slower delivery but Roy makes room and hits it for a 4.
- FOUR! Bad miss from Sanju Samson and it goes for a 4.
- FOUR! Roy hammers his first boundary of IPL 2021. Picks a slower delivery and sends it to boundary for a 4.
Over 3: Jaydev Unadkat continues
- FOUR! Saha follows up a six with a two and then a four. He looks in good touch.
- SIX! Sweet hit and Saha sends Jaydev for a big six.
Over 2: Chris Morris comes into attack
- Good over from Chris Morris, just 6 runs from it.
Over 1: Jaydev Unadkat with the first over
- FOUR! Saha hammers Unadkat for a 4.
- Jason Roy and Wriddhiman Saha open for SRH. Another opening pair for SRH.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: RR 164/5
|Evin Lewis||c Abdul Samad b Kumar||6||4||1||0||150.00|
|Yashasvi Jaiswal||b Sandeep Sharma||36||23||5||1||156.52|
|Sanju Samson (c)†||c Holder b Kaul||82||57||7||3||143.85|
|Liam Livingstone||c Abdul Samad b Rashid Khan||4||6||0||0||66.66|
|Mahipal Lomror||not out||29||28||1||1||103.57|
|Riyan Parag||c Roy b Kaul||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|Rahul Tewatia||not out||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 3, w 3)||7|
|TOTAL||(20 Ov, RR: 8.19)||164/5|
Yet to bat: Chris Morris, Jaydev Unadkat, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman
Fall of wickets: 1-11 (Evin Lewis, 1.1 ov), 2-67 (Yashasvi Jaiswal, 8.4 ov), 3-77 (Liam Livingstone, 10.1 ov), 4-161 (Sanju Samson, 19.2 ov), 5-162 (Riyan Parag, 19.4 ov)
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: RR 164/5
Over 20: Siddharth Kaul back into the attack
- Good end to SRH bowling. They have conceded just 16 in the last three overs to restrict RR to 164.
- DROPPED! Samad drops Lomror. An easy catch but he misses it.
- WICKET! Riyan Parag departs on the first ball, Kaul has his second wicket.
- WICKET! Sanju Samson departs. He had to go for it and he did but the ball went straight to Holder.
Over 18: Holder back into the attack
- DROPPED! Lomror mishits one off Holder but Sandeep Sharma drops it. 10 runs from the over.
- FOUR! Samson isn’t stopping here. Another four for Samson. He moves into 77.
Over 17: Bhuvneshwar Kumar comes into attack
- FOUR! Shorter ball and Samson hammers Bhuvneshwar for a 4.
Over 16: Siddharth Kaul comes into attack
- SIX! Samson is not slowing down, another six. RR have a 20-run over.
- FIFTY! Sanju Samson hammers Kaul for a six to bring up his 50.
Over 15: Rashid Khan with his last over
- Sanju Samson moves to 45. He is eying another half-century.
Over 14: Holder back into the attack
- SIX! Just what the doctor ordered. A quicker delivery and Lomror smacks him for a six.
- Samson and Lomror needs to find a way to speed up scoring. RR have scored just 16 in the last three overs.
Over 13: Rashid back into the attack
- FOUR! Four dot balls and Lomror hits Rashid for a 4.
Over 9: Abhishek Sharma back into the attack
- FOUR! Sanju makes room and hammers the young bowler for a four.
Over 8: Jason Holder back into the attack
- Liam Livingstone comes in after Jaiswal’s wicket.
- WICKET! Jaiswal once against tried to go for a big shot but inside edge and loses his stumps.
- SIX! Jaiswal pours more misery on Sandeep Sharma, hits him for a six.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Over 7: Jason Holder back into the attack
- Good over for Holder, just three runs from it.
Over 7: Rashid Khan comes into the attack
- FOUR! Jaiswal manages to send one to the boundary. Royals are off to good start.
Over 6: Siddharth Kaul comes into the attack
- End of powerplay and RR have scored 49/1
- FOUR! This time behind the point and another four for Samson.
- FOUR! Samson had an uppish shot but it goes through the cover for a 4.
Over 5: Jason Holder comes into the attack
- Slower short ball and Jaiswal had almost gave a catch but it lands safely.
Over 4: Bhuvneshwar Kumar continues
- DROPPED! Holder drops Jaiswal. It was a difficult task and he has bottled it.
- FOUR! Jaiswal hooks one for a four and RR are off to a good start.
- FOUR! A little wider delivery and Sanju hammers that to the boundary for a four.
Over 3: Sandeep Sharma continues
- FOUR! Jaiswal once again, steps out and sends it to the boundary for a 4.
- FOUR! Jaiswal isn’t having it, smashes Sharma for a 4.
Over 2: Bhuvneshwar comes into attack
- Great over from Bhuvneshwar Kumar – a wicket and a maiden over.
- WICKET! What a start from Bhuvneshwar Kumar. First ball and Evin Lewis pulls him and gives a catch to Abdul Samad.
Over 1: Sandeep Sharma with the first over for SRH
- FOUR! Jaiswal gets in the act, smashes Sharma for a 4. Good over for RR.
- FOUR! Lewis is off to a fine start, hammers Sandeep for a 4.
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: As for Playing XI, Rajasthan Royals youngster Kartik Tyagi is out with injury, Chris Morris and Evin Lewis are back in the side. That means, Tabraiz Shamsi and David Miller miss out as predicted by InsideSport.
Sunrisers Hyderabad have plenty of changes and the most prominent being David Warner. He makes way for Jason Roy. Manish Pandey has also been dropped.
Rajasthan Royals Playing XI: Evin Lewis, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson (w/c), Liam Livingstone, Mahipal Lomror, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Chetan Sakariya, Jaydev Unadkat, Mustafizur Rahman.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Playing XI: Jason Roy, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Kane Williamson(c), Priyam Garg, Abhishek Sharma, Abdul Samad, Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddarth Kaul, Sandeep Sharma
IN: Jason Roy, Priyam Garg, Abhishek Sharma, Siddarth Kaul
OUT: David Warner, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Khaleel
SRH vs RR Highlights, IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals have been synonymous with inconsistency and their recent performances have been influenced by injury and pullouts. Sanju Samson & Co find themselves at 6th place but they are not yet out of the playoff race and when they face bottom-placed Sunrisers Hyderabad on Monday, Chris Morris and Evin Lewis’ return will bolster the side.
After a dramatic 2-run victory against Punjab Kings, Rajasthan Royals crashed to a 33-run defeat to Delhi Capitals and missing the likes of Chris Morris and Evin Lewis proved costly. The explosive opener and star all-rounder missed out due to niggles and are expected to be back for SRH clash on Sunday.