MI vs PBKS in IPL 2021:- Kieron Pollard 300 wickets: Mumbai Indians allrounder Kieron Pollard on Tuesday added another feather to his cap. He completed 300 wickets in T20s by taking the wicket of KL Rahul and Chris Gayle cheaply in the same over. He has now become the 11th player to achieve the feat in the T20s. Others on the list are Dwayne Bravo, Imran Tahir, Sunil Narine, Lasith Malinga, Rashid Khan, Shakib Al Hasan, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz, Shahid Afridi and Andre Russell. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports & Hotstar.
300 T20 wickets for the BIG MAN 🤩👌
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) September 28, 2021
Kieron Pollard was adjudged Player of the Match and during the post-match presentation, he said: “Very important to get my 300th wicket. I know what I can do in all the facets of the game. I will be more than happy to do what the team needs of me. You try and watch and target whom you can target and not.”
“I enjoyed my 300th wicket which was KL and obviously it’s a landmark and very special. For me, it’s just trying to practice and it’s all about practing and batting according to the situation. I admit that I don’t have pace, swing and seam but I can use my brain and get the job done. For us, it’s very important to get these 2 points and hopefully, this will be the much-needed spark in the dressing room,” he added.
MI vs PBKS in IPL 2021:- Kieron Pollard 300 wickets:
- He achieved the landmark in his 565th innings.
- Kieron Pollard is the only player to take 300 wickets and score 10,000 runs in the T20s. He is only behind Chris Gayle of Punjab Kings.
- He has scored 200 runs and taken 5 wickets in IPL 2021. He will look to fire with the bat as MI eyes playoff spot after languishing at 7th spot in the latest IPL 2021 Points Table.
- Overall he has amassed 2000 runs and taken 65 wickets in the Indian Premier League.
- His contributions have helped Mumbai Indians win as many as 5 titles- most in IPL. Can he guide MI to a hat-trick of IPL titles? Follow us at insidesport.co to find out.
Jacques Kallis, Shane Watson, Dwayne Bravo, Irfan Pathan, Andre Russell, Kieron Pollard, Ravindra Jadeja and now Krunal Pandya are the only players to aggregate 1000-plus runs & 50 or more wickets in ancareer!
Jacques Kallis, Shane Watson, Dwayne Bravo, Irfan Pathan, Andre Russell, Kieron Pollard, Ravindra Jadeja and now Krunal Pandya #MI – are the only players to aggregate 1000-plus runs & 50 or more wickets in an #IPL career!#IPL2021 #IPLinUAE #MIvPBKS #MIvsPBKS #PBKSvsMI #PBKSvMI
— Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) September 28, 2021
Most runs in T20s:
Chris Gayle- 14,275 runs
Kieron Pollard- 11,202
Shoaib Malik- 10,808
Virat Kohli- 10,038
David Warner- 10,019
When it comes to fielding, Pollard has taken record 311 catches in T20s.
For more sports news and IPL 2021 live score & latest updates, follow us at insidesport.co
(with inputs from ANI)