KKR vs RCB in IPL 2021: RCB captain Virat Kohli started off IPL 2021 Phase 2 on a bad note. His lean patch continued with the bat as he departed for just 5 runs against Kolkata Knight Riders during his 200th game. The development comes a day after he decided to step down as RCB captain. He got lbw off Prasidh Krishna during the second over. The 32-year-old was trapped in the front of the stumps and review didn’t help either. The delivery shaped back into the right-hander and caught him in the crease, he ended up playing down the wrong line. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports, Hotstar
KKR vs RCB in IPL 2021: Virat Kohli’s struggle for runs continues
- Kohli had previously managed just 198 runs in the first 7 matches that featured only one half-century
- The RCB captain’s strike rate has dipped to 120+ in the last two seasons. His average is also plunged to under 30 despite opening for the RCB franchise.
- He decided to open for RCB earlier this season as Aaron Finch was left out of the squad. Now, he needs to deliver if RCB wants to win their maiden IPL trophy.
- The batting department is highly dependent on in-form Devdutt Padikkala, AB De Villiers and Glenn Maxwell.
- This is the instance when Virat Kohli departed cheaply against KKR. He had identical figures in the previous fixture.
- Kohli’s only fifty in IPL 2021 had come against struggling RR during Phase 1.
- He has so far registered three single-digit scores, including 12. He is unable to play the knocks of his calibre over the last few months.
However, Virat Kohli will look to win the match and end his 200th game for RCB on a high. He is the first player to achieve the landmark in the IPL.
Most matches for a team in IPL
200 Virat Kohli (RCB) *
182 MS Dhoni (CSK)
172 Suresh Raina (CSK)
172 Kieron Pollard (MI)
162 Rohit Sharma (MI)
For more sports news and IPL 2021 live score updates, follow us at insidesport.co