IPL 2022 Retention Updates – IPL 2022 Retained Players: The deadline to submit retained players list for the 15th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2022) was ending on Tuesday – but the same can now be extended. Reason, BCCI is in a huge fix due to delay in completion of paperwork for Ahmedabad franchise: Follow IPL 2022 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN
Why the deadline could be extended? CVC Sports, which acquired the Ahmedabad franchise for 5625 crores is yet not given the letter of intent due to alleged links with betting company. This means the IPL team of Ahmedabad doesn’t exist at this stage. BCCI currently is taking legal opinion on the situation.
The deadline for finalization of retentions by 8 IPL franchises was ending on 30th Nov & the deadline for the two new teams (Lucknow & Ahmedabad) to finalize their 3 picks before the IPL auctions was starting on the same day.
As the issue with Ahmedabad franchise is still unsettled – BCCI in order to give both Ahmedabad and Lucknow equal number of days to figure out their 3 picks is likely to extend the deadline – but the formal decision will only be taken on Monday.
Follow all LIVE Updates on IPL Retentions & forthcoming Mega-Auction with InsideSport.IN
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Big updates coming in from RCB, KS Bharat on RCB’s radar for retentions – More Details …Kohli, Maxwell retained, big discussion on KS Bharat going on…
- Punjab Kings: Unlikely to retain any player, will go in with 90 Cr player purse at IPL Auctions
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: It’s getting tough for SRH to hold Rashid Khan, negotiations are on – Kane Williamson will be retained.
- Rajasthan Royals: Rajasthan Royals has decided to retain Sanju Samson for 14 Crore annual salary.
Latest Updates – Players retained:
- Chennai Super Kings: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali or Faf Du Plessis
- Delhi Capitals: Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Axar Patel, Anrich Nortje
- Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan (likely)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Venkatesh Iyer (likely)
- Rajasthan Royals: RR has decided to retain Sanju Samson at 14 Cr salary
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell Retained, Yuzi Chahal & Devdutt Padikkal (Likely to be retained)
IPL 2022 Retention Updates: Tuesday is the D-Day for IPL Teams to submit retained players list: Follow all LIVE Updates
Chennai Super Kings Retained Players: First thing first when InsideSport reached out to CSK management, they confirmed Dwayne Bravo is coming to IPL despite retiring from the international cricket. But bad news for CSK fans is Bravo will not be retained.
“He is coming back to IPL 2022 for sure. But I can’t confirm whether he will play for CSK next season. He has been an important player but we can only retain a maximum of four so let’s see how it goes. You will know by next week,” the CSK CEO told InsideSport.
According to the information available with InsideSport – CSK is retaining following four players:
1) MS Dhoni 2) Ravindra Jadeja 3) Faf Du Plessis / Moeen Ali 4) Ruturaj Gaikwad
Punjab Kings Retained Players Latest: Punjab Kings once again failed to impress last season. According to the buzz captain KL Rahul is unlikely to continue for PBKS. If the captain is unavailable the big question in front of is whether is it worth it to retain existing squad members for phenomenal purse?
PBKS is interested in retaining Mayank Agarwal, Ravi Bishnoi & big hitter Shahrukh Khan but the cost to acquire them doesn’t justify the retentions according to some of the members of franchise management. So don’t be surprised if PBKS decides not to retain anyone from the existing squad.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Retained Players Latest: RCB is another team which has failed to justify their billing despite of having mega-stars in their unit in IPL 2021. Virat Kohli has already given up on captaincy, AB De Villiers has already announced retirement – with these developments who will RCB retain?
1) Virat Kohli (Certain to be retained)
2) Glenn Maxwell (Already confirmed to be retained)
Likely to be retained: The new RCB think-tank feels Bharat brings in huge value for the team and by the day 28 year is growing in confidence. His wicket-keeping skills along with ability to hit the ball out of park gives him edge over others. He is likely to be retained by RCB.
- KS Bharat (Likely to be retained)
- Yuzvendra Chahal or Devdutt Padikkal (1 of 2 to be retained)
- RCB to release Jaimeson, Washington Sundar, Mohd Siraj
Delhi Capitals Retained Players Latest: One of the most consistent performing team of recent times is set to retain their skipper Rishabh Pant but will drop their IPL 2020 captain Shreyas Iyer. In a recent video uploaded by team’s leading spinner Ravichandran Ashwin confirmed that ‘I am not getting retained along with Shreyas Iyer’.
As per the available information with InsideSport, DC will retain following –
1) Rishabh Pant
2) Axar Patel
3) Prithvi Shaw
4) Anrich Nortje
Kolkata Knight Riders Retained Players: The runners-up of IPL 2021 is unlikely to retain their captain Eoin Morgan for IPL 2022. The franchise management feels Morgan’s form with the bat and age is against his side and the franchise needs to find the new leader.
KKR will retain following players –
1) Venkatesh Iyer
2) Varun Chakravarthy
3) Andre Russell or Sunil Narine?
KKR is also in talks with Pat Cummins on his availability and if he is available – KKR is likely to retain him for IPL 2022.
Rajasthan Royals Retained Players: Rajasthan Royals is another franchise which has failed to live up to the expectations under the leadership of Sanju Samson – but still has decided to retain their captain – that too by giving him a huge increase in the salary.
Samson will get 14 Crore as salary and will be retained by RR for next 3 seasons.
RR is also in talks with Jofra Archer, Ben Stokes & Jos Butler & depending on their availability, fitness – will finalize their retentions.
Liam Livingstone & Yashaswi Jaiswal are also on the probable list depending on the situation with BIG 3.
Mumbai Indians Retained Players: The most successful team of IPL is set to retain its captain Rohit Sharma. The long standing servant of Mumbai team Kieron Pollard is also likely to get a management’s nod and is set to be retained. Another players which MI is sure to retain is indispensable Jasprit Bumrah. The only big decision MI management has to make is between Suryakumar Yadav & Ishan Kishan as 4th retained player.
1) Rohit Sharma 2) Jasprit Bumrah 3) Kieron Pollard 4) Ishan Kishan or Suryakumar Yadav.
This clearly means Pandya brothers Hardik & Krunal will go in auction to find new suitors for IPL 2022.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Retained Players: The worst performing team of IPL 2021 is unlikely to retain more than 1 or 2 players from the existing squad. SRH as a unit hasn’t clicked and would like to start afresh for IPL 2022. According to available information only Kane Williamson & Rashid Khan will be retained by the franchise this season.
1) Kane Williamson certain to be retained as No. 1 player
2) Rashid Khan – Talks still on
IPL 2022 Retention Updates: IPL 2022 Mega-Auction Key Auctions Answered, check out
- Salary Cap – 90 Crores
- Old Franchises: Will Name Retained Players by 30th November 2021, maximum of 4 players can be retained. 3 Indians & maximum two foreigners
- New Franchises: 2 New teams to finalized their 3 players outside of auction between 1st December 2021 to 30th December 2021. Not more than 2 Indians & 1 foreigner
- RTM Cards: There will also be no Right to Match (RTM) cards this time around.
The BCCI has also outlined how much funds will be deducted from the salary cap as per their choices of retentions.
TOTAL Players Purse – 90 Crore: How the retentions will work?
|Deductions for 4 Players||INR 42 Cr|
|Player 1||INR 16 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 12 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 8 Cr|
|Player 4||INR 6 Cr|
|Deduction for 3 Players||INR 33 Cr|
|Player 1||INR 15 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 11 Cr|
|Player 3||INR 7 Cr|
|Deductions for 2 Players||INR 24 Cr|
|Player 1||INR 14 Cr|
|Player 2||INR 10 Cr|
|Deduction for 1 Player||INR 14 Cr|
IPL 2022 Mega Auction: Check CSK, RR, PBKS, DC, MI, KKR, RCB, KKR, SRH Retention, New Retention Rules, New Teams, Last last date of Retention
Where will IPL 2022 Mega Auction be held?
IPL 2022 Mega Auction will take place in India
When will IPL 2022 Mega Auction Start? Date
According to an IPL Governing Council member, mega-auctions will take place by 1st Week of January
What Time IPL 2022 Mega Auction Will begin? Time
IPL 2022 Mega Auction Will begin at 3:30 PM IST
What are the venues for IPL 2022 Mega Auction? – Venue
IPL 2022 Mega Auction will take place in India
How to watch IPL 2022 Mega Auction Auction LIVE Streaming?
IPL 2022 Mega Auction Auction will be live telecasted on Star Sports Network whilst the fans can live stream the tournament on the Disney+ Hotstar app.
IPL 2022 Retention Updates – Check all Latest about IPL 2022 Retentions, follow LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN