IPL 2021 – RCB training camp 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) are the first team to begin preparations for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021. With exactly 30 days to go, the Virat Kohli-led side started their training camp in Bangalore with their uncapped players.
The Bangalore-franchise held a mini-camp to assess the fitness of its players before beginning skill training for the upcoming league. RCB shared a video on its official Twitter account and wrote: “IPL Pre-season Mini Camp The coaching department and some of our uncapped players got together in Bengaluru for a thorough fitness assessment before beginning skill training for the upcoming Vivo IPL 2021”.
Harshal Patel, one of the participants of the training camp, said that fitness has also been one of the key focus for RCB and such assessments will help the team find players’ shortcomings and work on it.
“Fitness has always been a big part of this team’s culture. And in high-pressure games for two and a half months, you are gonna need to be fit and strong.
WATCH FULL VIDEO|
. @myntra presents Bold Diaries: IPL Pre-season Mini Camp
The coaching department and some of our uncapped players got together in Bengaluru for a thorough fitness assessment before beginning skill training for the upcoming Vivo IPL 2021.#PlayBold #WeAreChallengers #IPL2021 pic.twitter.com/y8fGebzNH7
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) March 9, 2021
So these assessments will help you out identify the areas where you are not as good as you should be. Then you get opportunities to work on those weaknesses,” the all-rounder said.
Players underwent the fitness test at Padukone-Dravid Centre for Sports Excellence in Bangalore. RCB Full Squad led by Virat Kohli for IPL 2021 will assemble in Bangalore only after the completion of India vs England Series.
RCB’s Strength and Conditioning Coach, Shanker Basu, highlighting the difference between 2020 and 2021 IPL from a fitness perspective said: “last year they did not do anything at all, so we couldn’t spike the load all of a sudden.
“I think this bio-bubble has made them tired and fatigued, so we need to be mindful of that fact also. See how much they have played.
“We need to take the mental aspect into consideration.”
IPL 2021: RCB ‘Objective of the mini-camp’
Basu said that there are two parts to the mini-camp. One is the ‘close test skeletal’ and the other is ‘endurance and strength test’.
Besides this, there will also be a ‘skill test’ in the evening conducted by Mike Hesson.
The RCB Coach believes that in the last two years, domestic players have started focussing on fitness. “So it is not yesteryears, where we need to start from ‘ABCD’. At least we can start from sentence and paragraphs,” he chuckled.
RCB Full squad for IPL 2021
Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Navdeep Saini, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Shahbaz Ahmed, Josh Philippe, Pavan Deshpande, Yuzvendra Chahal, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, Devdutt Padikkal, S. Bharat, Suyash Prabhudessai, Daniel Christian, Kyle Jamieson, Mohammed Azharuddeen, Rajat Patidar, Sachin Baby, Glenn Maxwell are RCB Full squad for IPL 2021.
IPL 2021 Schedule:
1. 09-04 – Chennai – Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 7.30 pm
2. 14-04 – Chennai – Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 7.30 pm
3. 18-04 – Chennai – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 3.30 pm
4. 22-04 – Mumbai – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Rajasthan Royals, 7.30 pm
5. 25-04 – Mumbai – Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 3.30 pm
6. 27-04 – Ahmedabad – Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 7.30 pm
7. 30-04 – Ahmedabad – Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 7.30 pm
8. 03-05 – Ahmedabad – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 7.30 pm
9. 06-05 – Ahmedabad – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Punjab Kings, 7.30 pm
10. 09-05 – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad, 7.30 pm
11. 14-05 – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals, 7.30 pm
12. 16-05 – Kolkata – Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 3.30 pm
13. 20-05 – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians, 7.30 pm
14. 23-05 – Kolkata – Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings, 7.30 pm