IND vs ENG 3rd Test: Day 3 Highlights: Pujara, Kohli leads India’s fightback as India ends Day 3 at 215/2, 139 runs behind: – Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara found their forms back as the duo put together an unbeaten 99-run stand to see the day off early due to bad light. At the close of play, Pujara remained unbeaten on 91 while Kohli was not out on 45 to fight back for India. At day 3 Stumps, India posted 215/2, still 139 runs still behind.
IND vs ENG 3rd Test: Day 3 Highlights: Pujara, Kohli leads India’s fightback as India ends Day 3 at 215/2, 139 runs behind
Resuming the final session, India did not get off to an ideal start as Rohit (59) was sent back to the pavilion by Ollie Robinson. The right-handed batsman was given out on the field, however, he opted for a review, but the verdict came out to be umpire’s call, and hence, Rohit had to walk back to the pavilion.
India bat brilliantly through the day as Rohit, Pujara both hit confident half-centuries.
— Sony Sports (@SonySportsIndia) August 27, 2021
IND vs ENG 3rd Test: Day 3 Highlights: Skipper Kohli then joined Pujara in the middle and the duo moved the scoreboard slowly and steadily. Both batsmen kept England’s attack at bay and in the end, ensured that India enters Day 4 with eight wickets in hand. Kohli and Pujara have extended their third-wicket partnership to 99 runs.
Earlier, Rohit Sharma and Cheteshwar Pujara ensured that India kept England bowlers at bay in the second session. At the tea break, India’s score read 112/1– still trailing by 242 runs with nine wickets in hand. For the visitors, Rohit (59*) and Pujara (40*) are at the crease.
Resuming at 34/1, Rohit and Pujara gave India a little respite as both batsmen looked firm at the crease, and they mixed caution with aggression, keeping the English bowlers at bay. England had the chance to send Rohit back to the pavilion in the 32nd over, but Joe Root did not opt for the review and Rohit got a reprieve.
IND vs ENG 3rd Test: Day 3 Highlights: Rohit then brought up his half-century in the 38th over of the innings. He along with Pujara ensured that India does not lose any more wickets before the tea break.
Earlier, English bowler Craig Overton struck at the stroke of lunch to send India opener KL Rahul back to the hut as the hosts strengthened their grip on the third Test at Headingley, Leeds, on Friday.
Trailing by 354, India openers Rohit and Rahul were rock solid and the duo saw out the opening spell of major threat James Anderson. Both batters brought out their A-game to the middle and the visitors did not lose any early wicket. But the partnership was broken just when the two would have hoped to take India to the break without losing any wicket. For the hosts, it is just the boost they would need to come back strongly after the break.
IND vs ENG 3rd Test: Day 3 Highlights: Earlier, Mohammed Shami scalped four wickets as England was bowled out for 432 in the opening session. A 354-run lead put the hosts in the driver’s seat as skipper Joe Root top-scored with a knock of 121.
Resuming Day 3 on 423/8, England overnight batters Craig Overton and Ollie Robinson added eight more runs to the total before Overton (32) was caught plum in front by Mohammed Shami and as a result, England was reduced to 431/9. Jasprit Bumrah bowled Robinson (0) in the very next over, and as a result, England was bowled out for 432 in the first innings. England captain Joe Root completed his 23rd Test ton as the hosts gained full command against India on Day 2 of the ongoing third Test on Thursday.
India vs England Live Score: India 2nd innings 215/2, trail by 139 runs
|Rohit Sharma||lbw b Ollie Robinson||59||156||7||1||37.82|
|KL Rahul||c JM Bairstow b C Overton||8||54||0||0||14.81|
|Cheteshwar Pujara||Not out||91||180||15||0||50.56|
|Virat Kohli (C)||Not out||45||94||6||0||47.87|
|Extra||12 (b 4, w 2, nb 4, lb 2)|
|Yet To Bat||Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, RA Jadeja, M Shami, Ishant Sharma, JJ Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj|
|Fall Of Wickets||FOW||Over|
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 3, 6th Hour: India 215/2; trail by 139 runs
- Stumps: Joe Root wants to bring in pacers and the day is called off due to bad light. Virat Kohli remains unbeaten on 45 and Pujara on 91 to see the day off.
- @10:40 PM: Virat Kohli inching closer to a 50. He has batted well today and a 50 will boost his confidence a lot.
- @10:35 PM: 200 up for India. Virat Kohli and Pujara bring up 200.
- @10:25 PM: Pujara now moves to 80s, closing in on a hundred, a long due one.
@10:18 PM: Joe Root doesn’t get a wicket but it could be a change in tactic.
- @10:15 PM: SURPRISE! Joe Root comes into attack. The England captain will draw inspiration from his five-wicket haul in India.
- @10:10 PM: 15 overs remain on Day 3 and the light continues to worsen. Will Virat Kohli call it a day?
- @10:02 PM: FOUR! Virat Kohli with his signature cover drive takes on Anderson.
- @9:45 PM: One hour to go and Kohli & Rohit are aiming to survive the last hour.
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 3, 5th Hour: India 168/2; trail by 186 runs
- @9:42 PM: Pujara and Kohli bring up 50-run stand off just 85 deliveries.
- @9:32 PM: Pujara and Kohli are closing in on 50-run stand, an important one to keep India’s hopes alive.
- @9:20 PM: Pujara grows in confidence, takes on Overton for a four over the long-on to move to 70s.
- @9:15 PM: The light at the stadium is not great. The dark clouds have done its trick and could see the play stop.
- @9:10 PM: Kohli is looking more and more comfortable and Pujara is hammering every loose ball for a four, the things India wanted to see in the 1st innings.
- @8:59 PM: Virat Kohli joins Pujara on the crease and looks to get back in his form. He smashes a trademark cover drive off Anderson.
- @8:53 PM: FIFTY! Pujara brings up his 50 off 93 balls, a big confidence booster for the struggling batter.
- @8:42 PM: WICKET! Rohit Sharma departs. All the hard work he had put in goes in a spoof. Robinson managed his inswinger to hit the pad and the umpire raises his finger. Rohit takes the DRS but it remains the umpire’s call as the ball looked like kissing the leg stump.
- @8:35 PM: Rohit and Pujara have done the rescue act. Now, the aim is to build on and remain unbeaten the last session.
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 2, 4th Hour: India 112/1; trail by 242 runs
- @8:12 PM: Tea: Rohit Sharma and Pujara remain unbeaten as India fight back.
@8:00 PM: It’s almost tea break and Rohit Sharma & Pujara have launched a fightback.
- @7:50 PM: Pujara and Rohit bring up 100 for India. The two have done well together so far and staying unbeaten till Tea will be important.
- @7:36 PM: Rohit Sharma and Pujara bring up 50-run stand with a straight drive.
- @7:32 PM: The partnership now stands at 46 and it has been a crucial one for India to climb the 354-run mountain that England had set.
- @7:22 PM: Rohit Sharma moves to 40s as the duo is closing in on 50-runs stand.
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 2, 3rd Hour: India 73/1; trail by 281 runs
- @7:08 PM: DRS! England skipper Joe Root wanted to take another review but the timer ran out and Rohit Sharma survives once again. Replays show that the ball had struck Rohit on the pads first and he would have needed to go back.
- @6:59 PM: DRS! Rohit Sharma survives. Robinson had hit Rohit’s pad and had taken a review but the height saved him. The India opener then responded with a drive for a 4.
- @6:55 PM: Pujara smashed Robinson for a 4. He has done well so far after a torrid run in England: 8 & 15 (WTC Final), 21 & 38, 4 & 12*, 9 & 45 and 1.
- Rohit Sharma survives and takes on Robinson for a four.
- Pujara has so far scored at a nearly 100 strike rate. He has changed his method. Pujara has played an attacking game.
- Rohit gets the better of Anderson, smashes him for a 4.
- Pujara has so far looked in much better stead. He has been struggling but he has done well to face Anderson and Overton so far.
- Cheteshwar Pujara and Rohit Sharma resume India’s 2nd innings, James Anderson, with the ball.
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 1, 2nd Hour: India 34/1; trail by 320 runs
- @5:27 PM: WICKET! KL Rahul departs. Rahul has been careful so far but Overton forces him to edge it to second slip and Bairstow bags a wonderful catch.
- @5:22 PM: Sam Curran is getting punished here. He has managed to swing the ball but length is all wrong and Rohit whips him for a four.
- @5:18 PM: Rohit and Rahul have done well so far to survive early pace attack. Now, the target is to survive till lunch.
- @5:10 PM: SIX! Rohit Sharma finds an edge off a short ball by Robinson and it glides over the third man for a six.
- @5:05 PM: Rohit Sharma survives again. Overton found Rohit Sharma’s outside edge but it didn’t carry to the 2nd slip.
- @4:59 PM: Oberton beats Rohit Sharma completely with a short delivery but it doesn’t find teh edge.
- @4:55 PM: Robinson has made Rahul his target. He continues to set up Rahul and then brings the odd ball in to beat Rahul. However, he hasn’t managed to get his wicket yet.
- @4:47 PM: DRS! KL Rahul survives. Robinson had troubled him with inswingers and manages to find the pads again. But the ball tracker finds the wicket missing.
- @4:40 PM: With cloudy conditions assisting seamers, Rahul and Rohit are taking it easy and rotating strikes.
- @4:33 PM: Robinson troubles Rahul with inswingers.
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 1, 1st Hour: India 14/0; trail by 340 runs
- @4:28 PM: Rohit opens his bat for a beautiful cover drive off Anderson.
- @4:22 PM: Anderson stuns KL Rahul with two deliveries that came in. Both openers are trying to survive Anderson’s spell.
- @4:18 PM: KL Rahul mastering the art of leaving after poking one in the first innings.
- @4:12 PM: Anderson manages to find edge off Rohit but neither carries.
- @4:05 PM: Rohit Sharma negates James Anderson threat early, flicks one at third-man for 2 runs.
- @4:00 PM: Covers are off and KL Rahul & Rohit Sharma come out to begin India’s 2nd innings.
- @3:52 PM: Covers are on and India’s innings will have to wait.
England 1st Innings: 432 all out, lead by 354 runs
|Rory Burns||b M Shami||61||153||6||1||39.87|
|Haseeb Hameed||b RA Jadeja||68||195||12||0||34.87|
|Dawid Malan||c Rishabh Pant b Mohammed Siraj||70||128||11||0||54.69|
|Joe Root (C)||b JJ Bumrah||121||165||14||0||73.33|
|Jonny Bairstow||c Virat Kohli b M Shami||29||43||4||1||67.44|
|Jos Buttler (WK)||c Ishant Sharma b M Shami||7||12||1||0||58.33|
|Moeen Ali||c (sub Axar Patel) b RA Jadeja||8||18||1||0||44.44|
|Sam Curran||c (sub MA Agarwal) b Mohammed Siraj||15||30||2||0||50.00|
|Craig Overton||lbw b M Shami||32||42||6||0||76.19|
|Ollie Robinson||b JJ Bumrah||0||15||0||0||0.00|
|James Anderson||Not out||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|Extra||21 (b 8, w 1, nb 8, lb 4)|
|Yet To Bat|
|Fall Of Wickets||FOW||Over|
IND vs ENG LIVE score: Day 3 Session 1: ENG 432 all out, lead by 354 runs
- 3:47 PM: WICKET! Bumrah comes in and cleans up Robinson to bowl out England for 432. India will now have to chase 354 before adding any lead.
- 3:43 PM: WICKET! Shami gets his 4th wicket, traps Overton leg before.
- 3:35 PM: Poor start for Shami. Overton manages to score 8 runs in the over.
- 3:31 PM: Shami starts Day 3 and early finds movement.
- 3:29 PM: Good news, drizzles have stopped. Day 3 starts on time.
- 3:20 PM: And the news that nobody wanted to hear. It has started drizzling.
Day 3 of the 3rd Test here at Headingley.
— BCCI (@BCCI) August 27, 2021
- 3 PM: The condition are overcast in Leeds and that could help the Indian seamers get the two wickets they need to bowl out England. But as long as the sky remains the same, Indian batters will have to deal with swinging deliveries.
For more sports news and IND vs ENG LIVE updates, follow us at insidesport.co