IND beat NZ Highlights – India win Ranchi T20 by 7 wickets Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul hammered half-centuries while Harshal Patel bagged two wickets on his debut as India cruised to a 7-wicket win over New Zealand. The win at the JSCA Stadium in Ranchi meant India sealed the series 2-0 on Rohit Sharma & Rahul Dravid’s maiden voyage as full-time captain and coach. Follow India vs New Zealand T20 series Live Updates on InsideSport.in
IND beat NZ Highlights: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul slam half centuries as India pockets T20 Series win with 7 wickets win
Opting to bowl first, India survived early onslaught from Martin Guptill and Daryl Mitchell. Ravichandran Ashwin and Harshal Patel put up some brilliant bowling performances as India restricted New Zealand to 153/6 in 20 overs at the JSCA Stadium in Ranchi.
IND beat NZ Highlights: Earlier, the new captain Rohit Sharma won his second consecutive toss. With the dew factor set to play a big role, Rohit Sharma opted to bowl first in Ranchi against New Zealand in the 2nd T20.
— BCCI (@BCCI) November 19, 2021
Martin Guptill and Daryl Mitchell started on an attacking note, bringing up 56 runs inside the powerplay. But the middle-overs belonged to India. Ashwin. Axar Patel and Harshal Patel combined brilliantly to scalp wickets at regular intervals. In the end, NZ could only manage 153.
IND beat NZ Highlights: During the chase, KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma were off to a great start. After a steady start in the powerplay, KL Rahul took on Adam Milne while Rohit Sharma smashed Mitchell Santner, bringing up their 5th century stand in T20Is. While KL Rahul departed in the 14th over and Rohit Sharma in the 16th, there weren’t enough runs on the board for New Zealand to defend. Suryakumar Yadav fell cheaply but Rishabh Pant with two consecutive sixes off James Neesham took India across the finish line in 17.2 overs.
IND beat NZ Highlights: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul help India beat New Zealand by 7 wickets to seal series 2-0
IND vs NZ Live Score: 155/3, beat NZ by 7 wickets
|KL Rahul||c Glenn Phillips b TG Southee||65||49||6||2||132.65|
|Rohit Sharma (C)||c MJ Guptill b TG Southee||55||36||1||5||152.78|
|Venkatesh Iyer||Not out||12||11||2||0||109.09|
|Suryakumar Yadav||b TG Southee||1||2||0||0||50.00|
|Rishabh Pant (WK)||Not out||12||6||0||2||200.00|
|Extra||10 (b 0, w 4, nb 0, lb 6)|
|Yet To Bat||SS Iyer, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, B Kumar, DL Chahar, HV Patel|
Over 16: Southee back for his last over
- WICKET! Another slower ball and inside edge drags on. Suryakumar Yadav departs.
- WICKET! Disappointing! After fine knock, Rohit throws his wicket away. Slow delivery and Rohit mistimes to give a simple catch to Guptill.
Over 15: Adam Milne back in attack
- SIX! Rohit Sharma brings up his 25th half-century.
- Venkatesh Iyer hasn’t looked comfortable so far.
- FOUR! Inside edge but Iyer opens his account with a 4.
Over 14: Southee back in attack
- Venkatesh Iyer comes in at No 3. Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav pushed down the order.
- WICKET! KL Rahul departs. Short tries to pull one off Southee but fails to connect and gave a catch to Phillips.
Over 13: Santner back in attack
- SIX! Rohit Sharma is on the offence now, pulls Santner for a massive 6.
Over 11: Adam Milne back in attack
- FIFTY! Flattest six of the series so far and Rahul brings up his 50. It is his 4th 50 in the last five T20Is. That’s consistency.
Over 10: Santner continues
- DROPPED! Trent Boult drops Rohit Sharma and that is the match for India?
- SIX! Similar delivery and Rohit goes hammer for a 6.
- SIX! Timed to perfection, slow and grippy ball and Rohit smashes it for a 6.
Over 9: Ish Sodhi back in attack
- Ball change. That’s new but it’s to do with the seam coming apart due to the dew and wet conditions on the ground.
Over 6: Trent Boult back for last over of powerplay
- SIX! Rahul makes room and sends it for a big 6.
Over 5: Southee back in attack
- Just three runs off the over and NZ have fought back.
- Pace off and Rohit-KL have struggled to score in this over.
Over 4: Adam Milne comes in
- SIX! Majestic from Rohit, dispatches Southee for a big 6.
Over 3: Mitchell Santner comes into attack early
- Good over from Santner, just 2 runs from it.
Over 2: Trent Boult comes into attack
- FOUR! KL Rahul on song, straight drive and it rushes to the boundary for a 4.
- FOUR! Wider delivery and KL Rahul drives it for a 4. Poor from Boult.
Over 1: Tim Southee begins bowling attack for NZ
- FOUR! KL Rahul opens his account with a boundary off Southee.
IND vs NZ LIVE Score: Rohit Sharma & KL Rahul begin India’s chase of 154; Follow LIVE Updates
IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand 153/6
|Martin Guptill||c Rishabh Pant b DL Chahar||31||15||3||2||206.67|
|Daryl Mitchell||c SA Yadav b HV Patel||31||28||3||0||110.71|
|Mark Chapman||c KL Rahul b Axar Patel||21||17||3||0||123.53|
|Glenn Phillips||c (sub RD Gaikwad) b HV Patel||34||21||1||3||161.90|
|Tim Seifert (WK)||c B Kumar b Ravichandran Ashwin||13||15||1||0||86.67|
|Jimmy Neesham||c Rishabh Pant b B Kumar||3||12||0||0||25.00|
|Mitchell Santner||Not out||8||9||0||0||88.89|
|Adam Milne||Not out||5||4||0||0||125.00|
|Extra||7 (b 0, w 4, nb 1, lb 2)|
|Yet To Bat||TG Southee, IS Sodhi, TA Boult|
|Fall Of Wickets||FOW||Over|
Over 17: Harshal Patel back in attack
- WICKET! Second wicket on debut. Glenn Phillips departs and Harshal Patel gets his second.
Over 16: Ashwin back in attack
- 4-0-19-1, Ashwin 2.0 in T20s impresses.
- WICKET! Tim Seifert departs. Ashwin continues his super comeback.
Over 15: Bhuvneshwar Kumar back in attack
- SIX! Phillips on the charge here, tries to pull the ball but can only guide it to the long on. However, that is enough for the ball to sail for a 6.
Over 14: Deepak Chahar back in attack
- SIX! Phillips pulls one and the ball sails towards boundary for a 6.
Over 12: Harshal Patel comes in
- WICKET! Wicket on international debut. Harshal sends Mitchell back.
Over 11: Axar Patel comes in
- DROPPED! Venkatesh Iyer drops a dolly. India drop second catch and Glenn Phillips survives.
Over 10: Ashwin continues
- Another good over. Just 4 runs off it.
Over 8: Ashwin continues
- Just four runs off it. Ashwin has been the most economical so far.
Over 7: Debutant Harshal Patel comes in to attack
- Good start for Harshal Patel. Just five runs from it.
Over 6: Ravichandran Ashwin comes in
- FOUR! Mitchell finishes off the powerplay with a 4 off Ashwin on the last ball.
Over 5: Deepak Chahar comes in
- FOUR! India continue to leak runs. back of the length delivery and Chapman guides it for a fine shot for 4.
- WICKET! Short ball and it takes a thick edge and Rishabh Pant with an easy catch. Chahar gets his first wicket.
- SIX! Guptill isn’t leaving anything to chance.
Over 4: Change of ends for Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- FOUR! Bhuvneshwar has been expensive so far and Now Mitchell hammers him for a 4.
- Bouncer and it hits Guptill on the helmet.
- SIX! Change of ends but Guptill hammers him for a 6.
Over 3: Axar Patel comes in
- Good over from Axar, just five runs from it.
- KL Rahul looks shaky in the field today and with the dew, he misfielded another one.
Over 2: Deepak Chahar comes in
- FOUR! Another straight drive and another 4.
- FOUR! Straight drive and goes for for, Daryl Mitchell takes on Chahar.
Over 1: Bhuvneshwar Kumar opens bowling for India
- FOUR! Another four and Guptill surpasses Kohli to score most runs in T20Is
- DROPPED! Guptill survives. KL Rahul had almost grabbed that one but failed to latch on.
- FOUR! Guptill is taking the attack to India, hammers Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a 4.
- FOUR! Edge and goes through second slip for a 4. There was swing but Guptill is safe.
- Daryl Mitchell and Martin Guptill open for NZ
As for team news, Harshal Patel replaces injured Mohammed Siraj for India. New Zealand have made three changes. Ish Sodhi comes in
Playing XI: India: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma(c), Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(w), Shreyas Iyer, Venkatesh Iyer, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Harshal Patel
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Tim Seifert(w), James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee(c), Adam Milne, Trent Boult
Rohit Sharma on the toss: We are going to field first. We have seen it here, it’s a nice option to go with. Considering the dew factor, it’s good to chase in Ranchi. It was a good effort from the boys. It was a good learning for them as they finished the game, it was a good positive to have from that game. The game is such that you need some energy and experience. We have youngsters who want to express themselves, it’s a good setup, it’s important moving forward. We have one change, Harshal comes in for Siraj.
Tim Southee on the toss: We would have bowled first, taking the dew into consideration, but there’s going to be dew right throughout the game. It’s always about trying to improve, so we had to keep fighting and take the game deep in the first match. We have to focus on the positives. We’ll have to deal with the dew, no point of using it as an excuse, we just need to find a way to put up a good performance. We have three changes. Milne, Neesham and Sodhi are back for Ferguson, Rachin Ravindra and Astle.
IND vs NZ LIVE Score:
6:30: Rohit Sharma wins toss, opts to bowl first.
View this post on Instagram
6:15 PM IST: Harshal Patel is all set to make his India debut, receives cap from Ajit Agarkar.
— BCCI (@BCCI) November 19, 2021
IND vs NZ LIVE Score: 6 PM IST: Stats Attack! Martin Guptill could eclipse Virat Kohli’s record to become all-time highest run-scorer in T20I cricket.
- V Kohli (INDIA)- 3227 runs
- MJ Guptill (NZ)- 3217 runs
- RG Sharma (INDIA)- 3086 runs
Hello & good evening from Ranchi 👋
How excited are you for the 2nd #INDvNZ T20I❓
— BCCI (@BCCI) November 19, 2021
5:40 PM IST: India vs New Zealand head to head record
Both teams have played each other 18 times out of which New Zealand have won 9 matches, while India has won 7 matches. Two matches have ended in a tie.
5 PM IST: “Getting red ball ready in Ranchi. Test training in the morning before the T20 Squad are in action tonight,” New Zealand Cricket wrote on Twitter.
View this post on Instagram
4 PM IST:
— Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) November 19, 2021