Home
Football
Argentina vs Canada Prediction: La Albiceleste to keep up winning run against Copa America underdogs

Argentina vs Canada Prediction: La Albiceleste to keep up winning run against Copa America underdogs

On Tuesday, Argentina can extend their unbeaten streak to 10 matches across all competitions, having conceded just three goals in this period

The Copa America 2024 features its first semi-final this week as Lionel Messi’s Argentina takes on Canada at the Hard Rock Stadium in Florida on Tuesday. Canada, despite their effort, were beaten 2-0 in their Copa America opener against Argentina. Now, they meet again in the last four. Let’s take a look at the Argentina vs Canada prediction for the Copa America Semifinals.

Argentina vs Canada Prediction

Argentina has been one of the most consistent teams in the tournament and enters this game as favourites. The World Cup champions are expected to win within 90 minutes in 76.7% of simulations. Canada’s chances of winning are at 9.8%, with a 13.5% chance of forcing extra time. According to the Opta supercomputer, Argentina has an 84% chance of reaching the final, making them the overwhelming favourites against Canada, who are aiming for a historic upset.

Argentina’s attack, led by Messi, will be a significant challenge for Canada. The Albiceleste’s consistency and defensive resilience make them tough opponents. With players like Martinez in goal and Messi orchestrating the attack, Argentina is well-equipped to handle Canada’s challenge.

Argentina form in Copa America 2024

Under the guidance of Lionel Scaloni, Argentina has been formidable and will be confident in defending their Copa America crown. They advanced past Ecuador in the quarter-finals, thanks to stellar goalkeeping from Emiliano. Scaloni’s side has only conceded one goal in this tournament, though they haven’t kept a clean sheet in a Copa America semi-final since their 4-0 victory over the United States in 2016. On Tuesday, Argentina can extend their unbeaten streak to 10 matches across all competitions, having conceded just three goals in this period.

Canada form in Copa America

Canada, on the other hand, must deliver a performance of a lifetime to have any chance of upsetting Argentina and reaching the Copa America final. They have been a surprise package in this tournament, consistently exceeding expectations. They edged out Venezuela in a penalty shootout over the weekend and will carry this confidence into their semi-final clash.

Canada has shown improved defensive solidity since their pre-tournament friendly against the Netherlands, where they lost 4-0. In their last five matches across all competitions, they have conceded just three goals. Additionally, Canada did not concede a first-half goal in their last nine competitive fixtures. Although they were outscored 7-1 in the second half of their last six games.

Argentina vs Canada Predicted XI

Argentina Predicted XI:

E. Martinez; Molina, Romero, Lisandro, Tagliafico; De Paul, Mac Allister, Lo Celso, Gonzalez; Messi, Lautaro

Canada Predicted XI:

Crepeau; Johnston, Bombito, Cornelius, Davies; Osorio, Eustaquio; Laryea, David, Shaffelburg; Larin

Follow
Share

Editors pick

Gambhir-Agarkar call to decide Hardik Pandya's role in IND vs SL series
Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?