DC BEAT SRH in IPL 2021 – Shreyas Iyer: Delhi Capitals batsman Shreyas Iyer was excited to make a comeback and play a role in their victory against SRH to guide them on top of the Points Table. He said that he is excited to join the squad and looking to perform on a consistent basis. However, he made a big revelation that he loves the pressure of captaincy which brings out the best in him and he misses the challenge. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports & Hotstar.
DC beat SRH in IPL 2021: Shreyas Iyer completes 4000 runs, opens up on playing under Rishabh Pant, ‘I respect the decision’
DC BEAT SRH in IPL 2021 – Shreyas Iyer: Speaking about captaincy, Iyer said, “It was part of decision making from franchise and I respect the decision.” He credited Rishabh Pant for his exceptional leadership from the start of IPL 2021.
“It’s a really good feeling, to be honest. I wouldn’t say that I’m satisfied because the hunger has just grown up. And, the appetite keeps on increasing every match you play. So, I’m not satisfied nor content,” Iyer told reporters.
“See, I have a very close-knit family and friends and they never made me feel that I was going through an injury. Firstly, when I got injured, it was really difficult for me to adapt to the fact that I was injured because I keep doing so many activities here and there. And, never think about that situation and that occurred. So, it was really tough for me to adapt but family and friends kept me busy and a positive frame of mind. When the rehab started and I started gaining strength that feeling was really amazing and that put me in a really good frame of mind that I’ll come back positive and strong,” he added.
DC beat SRH in IPL 2021- Shreyas Iyer 4000 runs: Iyer on Wednesday returned to form in style. He went on to score unbeaten 47 runs off 41 balls that comprised 2 fours and the equal number of sixes. He also completed 4000 runs in T20 cricket. The stylish right-handed batsman had previously missed the first phase due to injury. He looked determined to make a mark in the word GO against Sunrisers Hyderabad. He kept his nerve to play an innings of substance that comprised grounded strokes all around the stadium.
We love you, 4️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ 💙
— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) September 22, 2021
- Shreyas Iyer who missed the India leg of IPL 2021 had left no stones unturned to prepare for the IPL 2021 Phase 2. He had left for UAE 10 days ahead of his franchise in order to prepare for the IPL.
- The 26-year-old underwent special net sessions to help DC continue its dominance in IPL 2021. He was also seen smashing big sixes in the nets.
- He will be looking to ensure DC completes their unfinished business in the last edition by winning their maiden IPL title.
- Iyer was in fine form during the IPL 2020 in UAE last year, scoring over 500 runs as Delhi Capitals reached the final under his captaincy.
- He made a comeback after nearly five months of intense rehabilitation. He had undergone shoulder surgery on April 8 after a horrific on-field injury during an ODI in Pune.
- The T20 World Cup selectors trusted Iyer’s capabilities as he was named in reserves despite missing out on five months of cricket.
- With a match-winning inning against Sunrisers Hyderabad, Iyer has proved his calibre once again big time.
Shreyas Iyer in IPL and UAE
|Batting and Fielding||Mat||No||Runs||HS||Ave||BF||SR||100||50||4s||6s||CT||ST|
For more sports news and IPL 2021 live updates, follow us at insidesport.co