Cricket
PSL 2024: Players yet to be paid completely, receive a $50 daily allowance for the time being

PSL 2024: Players yet to be paid completely, receive a $50 daily allowance for the time being

Most players have received around 70% of their contracts but will receive the remaining amount after the tournament comes to an end in late March.

The Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024 season is underway. The ninth edition of the league is already producing high-quality matches, with both domestic and foreign stars showcasing their skills. However, after the end of a successful first week, the news of players not being paid in full has come out.

According to Cricket Pakistan, as per the agreements made between the PSL and players, most cricketers participating in the league have received nearly 70% of their contracts, and the remaining 30% will be awarded after the season comes to an end. This means that players will be paid in full only after the final is played on March 18.

Instead, the league is paying most cricketers a daily allowance of $50. Therefore, each player is receiving PKR 14,000 (Rs 4157) per day for participating in the 1-month-long PSL 2024.

The news of owners being conditionally allowed to sit in the dugout has also come out. However, to do so, the team owners have to inform the organizers in advance and are not allowed to go anywhere during the match. Once they leave the area, they’ll not be able to return. They are also not allowed to use phones, smartwatches, or any other communication devices during their stay in the dugout.

Follow
Share

Editors pick

Yuzvendra Chahal creates history, becomes first player to take 200 wickets in IPL
Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?
Who won the last 5 El Clasico? Stadiums hosting EURO 2024 Teams with highest scores in IPL Fastest 50 in IPL Virat Kohli – Wrong footed inswinging menace