Home
Cricket
PCB refutes FICA! Denies claims of ever delaying player payments for PSL

PCB refutes FICA! Denies claims of ever delaying player payments for PSL

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) hits back, refutes all claims of FICA over non payment of players in Pakistan Super League

Problems continue for Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). They have refuted all claims and allegations made by The Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA). The PCB has denied delaying any player payments for the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

The FICA recently put out a statement stating that one of out of four players is a victim of delayed payments in T20 leagues. The leagues mentioned in the statement involves IPL, WPL, MLC as well PSL among other leagues.

PCB Denies Delay in Player Payments for PSL

 “There is no – and never has been – any delay in player payments in any of our nine [PSL] seasons… we have written to FICA to rectify this in their document,” said PCB’s director of international cricket operations, Usman Wahla to ESPNCricinfo.

As per the rules of the Pakistan Super League, a player received 70% of his payment within a week of his arrival in Pakistan. The remainder of 30% is paid to the player within 40 days of the team’s final league stage game of the tournament.

“The growth of domestic leagues around the world has been a great thing for cricket and has provided a number of new opportunities for players. However, inconsistencies with the treatment of players have led to the landscape being considered by many as the ‘Wild West.’,” said Tom Moffat, FICA’s CEO.

Check Out Our Latest Web Stories Here –

Follow
Share

Editors pick

Netherlands cause major upset in T20 World Cup warm-up fixture, beat Sri Lanka by 20 runs
Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?
Look at MS Dhoni’s iconic hairstyles in IPL Most Memorable Sunil Chhetri Moments India’s jerseys in every T20 World Cup India’s jerseys in each edition of T20 World Cup IPL 2024 controversies