US Open 2021 Qualifiers Result: India’s Prajnesh Gunneswaran defeats Schnur in straight sets, ends India’s losing streak
US Open 2021 Qualifiers Result: India’s Prajnesh Gunneswaran defeats Schnur in straight sets- India’s top-ranked player Prajnesh Gunneswaran has kicked off his…
US Open 2021 Qualifiers Result: India’s Prajnesh Gunneswaran defeats Schnur in straight sets- India’s top-ranked player Prajnesh Gunneswaran has kicked off his proceeding in the US Open in style. He defeated Brayden Schnur of Canada in straight sets to progress in the top-flight tournament. The two sets were evenly poised throughout the game but Gunneswaran kept his nerves to come out on top of his opponent. He won the first set 6-4 and then went on to win the second set tie-breaker 7-5.
He has played in the main draws of all four grand slams- Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open (2019). Now, he will look to raise his level at US Open and earn a bigger paycheck at the top-flight event. On the other hand, Brayden Schnur has also made it to the main draw in US Open previously.
India at US Open 2021 Qualifiers Result: Prajnesh Gunneswaran vs Brayden Schnur, Highlights
- GUNNESWARAN WINS
- 6-6, the match enters a tie-breaker.
- It’s 6-5 to Gunneswaran
- 5-5 Schnur levels up against Gunneswaran in dying moments of the second set.
- 5-4 to Gunneswaran is on the verge of winning this game in straight sets.
- 4-4 Schnur trying his best to take the second game but Gunneswaran is giving a stiff competition to his opponent.
- 4-3 to Gunneswaran, the two players are showcasing one of the best tennis on Court No.8 at US Open.
- 3-3 to Schnur, the game is evenly poised. This may be Qualifers but shows what’s coming up in the main draws.
- 3-2 to Gunneswaran, the see-sawing battle is back in the second set.
- 2-2 to Schnur, the mouthwatering batting is a must-watch. No one is ready to give up their lead.
- 2-1 Gunneswaran is back with the lead
- 1-1 Schnur is back in the contest, gives a strong fight to Gunneswaran
- 1-0 to Gunneswaran, Indian top-ranked player begins the opening game of second set on a high after claiming opening set.
- 6-4 First set to Gunneswaran, Can he go on to win this game and enter Qualifier 2? Follow us for live updates
- 5-4 to Gunneswaran, the tide turns in favour of India. Can he go to claim the opening set.
- 4-4 GAME ON! The fierce battle is currently level as the duo are bringing their A-game on the Court.
- 4-3 The see-sawing battle continues between Schnur and Gunneswaran
- 4-2 Schnur bounces back quickly after losing the previous set.
- 3-2 Gunneswaran fights back against Schnur, reduces his deficit.
- 3-1 Schnur takes an upper hand in the opening set.
- 2-1 to Schnur, Gunneswaran gives up the lead.
- 1-1 to Schnur, a sharp turnaround by the Canadian in the second game. SCORES LEVEL
- 1-0 to Gunneswaran, an impressive start from India’s World No.1
- The opening game is evenly poised between Gunneswaran and Schnur.
- Gunneswaran is all set to take on Schnur of Canada in Qualifier 1. Can he end India’s losing streak at US Open? Follow us at insidesport.co for live updates
FORM- Last 5 matches: Prajnesh Gunneswaran vs Brayden Schnur (Latest first)
Brayden Schnur– LWWLL
Prajnesh Gunneswaran– LWWLL
India at US Open 2021 Qualifiers: Prajnesh Gunneswaran vs Brayden Schnur
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran is ranked 152 in the world
- He has won 2 ATP challengers and 8 ITF titles in doubles. He also bagged bronze at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta.
- In 2021, Gunneswaran has registered 50 per cent success in hard-court events. He has won 13 out of 26 matches. Schnur, on the other hand, has won 9 out of 12 matches on the hard-court surfaces.
Meanwhile, Ankita Raina, Sumit Nagal and Prajnesh Gunneswaran have crashed out of the US Open after losing Qualifier 1.
For more sports news and India at US Open 2021 Qualifiers LIVE updates, follow us at insidesport.co