PSG in Group of Death in Champions League, face Dortmund, Newcastle United
PSG has been assigned to the Group of Death in the UEFA Champions League 2023-24, with Dortmund and Newcastle United.
Kylian Mbappe and Paris Saint-Germain’s path to UEFA Champions League triumph has been revealed. The French champions are in Group F with Borussia Dortmund, the 1999 champions. PSG are joined by AC Milan, who have won the title seven times, and Newcastle United, who have returned to the Champions League.
The groups for the UEFA Champions league 2023-24 are:
- Group A: Bayern, Man Utd, Copenhagen, Galatasaray
- Group B: Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV, Lens
- Group C: Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Union Berlin
- Group D: Benfica, Inter, Salzburg, Real Sociedad
- Group E: Feyenoord, Atlético, Lazio, Celtic
- Group F: PSG, Dortmund, Milan, Newcastle
- Group G: Man City, Leipzig, Crvena zvezda, Young Boys
- Group H: Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar, Antwerp
Last season, PSG were eliminated in the round of 16 after a 3-0 aggregate defeat to Bayern Munich. PSG has prioritised winning Europe’s premier club competition since the Qatari acquisition. They are keen to make a major continental impact this time as one of the world’s wealthiest clubs.
PSG will be managed by Luis Enrique, a former Barcelona Champions League winner. Despite being the favourite, the French giants will encounter competition in the group from AC Milan, who reached the semi-finals last season. Another tough test comes in the form of Bundesliga powerhouse Dortmund, who also represent a big danger. While Newcastle could emerge as the group’s dark horse.