IPL 2022 – Why Rashid Khan bid goodbye to Sunrisers Hyderabad? The most intiguing story of IPL 2022 Retentions completed on Tuesday undoubtedly was break in RASHID KHAN & Sunrisers Hyedrabad’s (SRH) 5 year long relationship. Lot of theories, rumors are floating around that the Afghan spinner did not continue because of ‘commercial expectations mismatch’ with the franchise. InsideSport.IN brings you the complete INSIDE Story of why Rashid Khan decided to part ways with the franchise? Follow all IPL 2022 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN
IPL 2022: Why did Rashid Khan bid goodbye to Sunrisers Hyderabad ? Check the Exclusive Details & Inside Story
Rashid Khan Sunrisers Hyderabad: First thing first, SRH is the only team that Rashid Khan has ever played for in IPL. The relationship which started in 2017 and continued for 5 years. So why did Afghanistan’s highest paid cricketer leave the franchise which paid him 40 Crore in Salary over 5 years.
Rashid’s salary was 4 Crore in 2017 & was increased to 9 Cr in 2018 and continued the same till 2021.
The rumors states – Rashid Khan wanted more monies this time and wanted to be No. 1 retained player for SRH. Sunrisers instead offered him 12 Crore salary as Kane Williamson was getting retained as No. 1 player for 14 Crores.
So is money the real reason? If sources closed to Rashid Khan’s agent based in London is to believed than money is not the only reason for Rashid to quit SRH and look for other options.
“He was offered 12 Cr, you tell me he at the most he can get 3-4 Cr more at the auctions. Why would anyone break 5 years association for small monies. Rashid is a very emotional person and comes from humble background. He is not playing cricket just for monies. He wants to win games for team he plays for. Reason to leave is not a want for better offer but new team, new strategry, fresh atmosphere, fresh challenge so that he can stay motivated”, said source close to Rashid Khan and his agent.
Rashid himself hasn’t spoken about the issue but just posted a message for SRH & the fans thanking them for all the support.
It has been a wonderful journey with the @sunrisershy🧡.Thank you for your support, love and for believing in me 🙏. To the #OrangeArmy you’ve been my pillar of strength and I shall forever be grateful for such wonderful fans
It has been a wonderful journey with the @sunrisershyd 🧡
Thank you for your support, love and for believing in me 🙏
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) December 1, 2021
SRH disappointed to released Rashid Khan: Meanwhile SRH Coaches, team owners all are disappointed by Rashid Khan’s decision who has been pillar for the team in last 5 seasons.
In 76 matches Rashid has taken 93 wickets for SRH at a average 20. But more than wickets it is his economy which shows how difficult it is to score against his variations even for the world’s top batsman in the world’s top cricket league.
Rashid’s economy is 6.33 in 76 matches he has played in IPL for SRH clearly proving his utility.
We wanted to retain Rashid Khan but could not come to consensus, we will try to get him in auction’ declared Tom Moody, Director Cricket for SRH.
IPL 2022 FULL RETAINED PLAYERS list by 8 IPL Franchises
- MI Retained Players: Rohit Sharma (16 Cr), Jasprit Bumrah (12 Cr), Suryakumar Yadav (8 Cr) Kieron Pollard (6 Cr) – No Place for Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Trent Boult, Quinton De Kock – Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- RCB Retained Players: Virat Kohli (15 Cr) Glenn Maxwell (11 Cr), Mohammed Siraj (7 Cr) – 57 Cr Player Purse remained.
- PBKS Retained Players List: Mayank Agarwal (14 Crore), Arshdeep Singh (4 Crore): Player Purse Remaining – 72 Crore
- SRH Retained Players List: Kane Williamson (14 Cr), Abdul Samad (4 Cr), Umran Malik (4 Cr): Player Purse Remaining – 68 Cr
- CSK Retained Players List: Ravindra Jadeja (16 Cr) MS Dhoni (12 Cr), Moeen Ali (8 Cr), Ruturaj Gaikwad (6 Cr) – No place for Faf Du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo and Ambati Ryudu, Suresh Raina: Player Purse Remaining 42 Crore
- DC Retained Players: Rishabh Pant (16 Cr) , Axar Patel (9 Cr), Prithvi Shaw (7.5 Cr), Anrich Nortje (6.5 Cr): 47.5 Cr remaining in purse: Kagiso Rabada, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Ashwin, Avesh Khan released.
- RR Retained Players: Sanju Samson (14 Cr), Jos Buttler (10 Cr), Yashasvi Jaiswal (4 Cr) – 62 Cr Player Purse remaining / No place for JOFRA Archer, Ben Stokes
- KKR Retained Players: Andre Russell (12 Cr), Varun Chakravarthy (8 Cr), Venkatesh Iyer (8 Cr), Sunil Narine (6 Cr) – No place for captain Eoin Morgan, Shubman Gill or Pat Cummins: Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
IPL 2022 Auction – Player Purse Remaining for each team
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 3 Players Retained, 57 Crore Remaining
- Mumbai Indians: 4 Players Retained, 48 Crore Remaining
- Punjab Kings: 2 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 72 Crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 3 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 68 Cr
- Chennai Super Kings: 4 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining 42 Crore
- Delhi Capitals: 4 Players retained, 47.5 Cr remaining in player purse.
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 4 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- Rajasthan Royals: 3 Players Retained, Player purse remaining 62 Crore