IPL 2021 Dates & Schedule: As reported by InsideSport.co earlier, the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League is all set to start from 9th April. The finals of the IPL 2021 has been advanced and will now be played on 30th May so that Indian cricketers get ample time before World Test Championship Finals scheduled for 18th June against New Zealand.
IPL 2021 Venues – is likely to be held across 6 venues in India. IPL 2021 will be played in Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai in bio-secure environments and it will be a 52-day tournament with 60 matches overall.
IPL 2021 Dates: WTC Finals reason for advancing IPL Finals dates by 1 week
Check IPL 2021 Schedule – Click Here
IPL 2021 Schedule: The finals of the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2021) will be brought forward a week. India has made it to the WTC Finals and that is the reason BCCI is all but agreed to advance the finals by 1 week. Once the IPL GC meets formally they will give formal approvals for the dates, venue and schedule.
On the other hand, England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) also wanted that England players in IPL should end their commitments in IPL by May end so that they can participate in 2 test series against New Zealand. The 1st test of England vs New Zealand test series starts on June 2nd and ECB wants the likes of Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow and Jofra Archer should be available for the clash against World No. 1 Kiwis – this is the reason BCCI has now almost decided to start IPL 2021 on 9th April and play the finals on May 30th.
IPL 2021 Venues & Schedule: 10 Top Highlights of the IPL 2021 schedule
The IPL Governing Council on Sunday announced the schedule for VIVO Indian Premier League 2021 to be held in India. After nearly two years, the IPL extravaganza will return home with Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai & Kolkata hosting the marquee event.
- The season will kickstart on 9th April, 2021 in Chennai with a high octane clash between defending champions MI vs RCB i.e Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- All Matches at Neutral Venues, Caravan Format will be applied
- Each team is set to play at four venues during the league stage.
- Out of the 56 league matches, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata & Bengaluru will host 10 matches each while Ahmedabad and Delhi will host 8 matches each.
- One of the highlights of this edition of the VIVO IPL will be the fact that all matches will be played at neutral venues, no team will play at their home venue. All teams will play at 4 out of 6 venues during the league stage.
- There will be a total of 11 double headers where 6 teams will play three afternoon matches & two teams will play two afternoon matches. The afternoon games are slated for a 3:30 PM IST start while the evening games will have a 7:30 PM IST start.
- The World’s Largest Cricket Stadium – Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad will host the Playoffs as well as the final on 30th May, 2021 which promises to be a visual spectacle. The newly-built stadium that hosted India’s second Pink Ball fixture at home with great grandeur will host its first ever IPL.
- The fixtures of the tournament have been mapped in a way that every team will travel only three times during the league stage, thus reducing commute and minimising risk.
- The VIVO IPL this year at home will be played behind closed doors to begin with and a call on allowing spectators will be taken at a later stage of the tournament.