India’s Record at Oval: 50 years since India is waiting for victory at Oval, will the jinx get broken in IND vs ENG 4th test, follow live updates
India’s Record at Oval – IND vs ENG 4th Test, will 50 Year old jinx get broken at Oval – Team India…
India’s Record at Oval – IND vs ENG 4th Test, will 50 Year old jinx get broken at Oval – Team India were handed a cruel awakening as they suffered humiliating innings and 76 run defeat in the 3rd Test at Headingley. Virat Kohli’s team is now at Oval, their least favorite ground in England – Ground where they haven’t won since last 50 years. Will India break the Oval jinx in 4th test vs England? – Follow IND vs ENG LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co
India’s Record at Oval: 50 years since India waiting for victory at Oval, will the jinx get broken in IND vs ENG 4th test, follow live updates
India’s Record at Oval – IND vs ENG 4th Test: India haven’t won a Test match in 50 years at the Oval, as Virat Kohli and Co look to bounce back and claim a much-needed win in the 4th Test. The loss in the Headingley Test has already seen India slip in the World Test Championship standings, and the visitors will be quick to identify issues and return to winning ways. A loss would end India’s hopes of clinching their first series win in England since 2007 when Rahul Dravid led side won 1-0.
India vs England 4th Test: India’s record at the Oval
|Aug 15-18, 1936||England||9 wickets|
|Aug 17-20, 1946||drawn|
|Aug 14-19, 1952||drawn|
|Aug 20-24, 1959||England||inns & 27 runs|
|Aug 19-24, 1971||India||4 wickets|
|Aug 30-Sep 4, 1979||drawn|
|Jul 8-13, 1982||drawn|
|Aug 23-28, 1990||drawn|
|Sep 5-9, 2002||drawn|
|Aug 9-13, 2007||drawn|
|Aug 18-22, 2011||England||inns & 8 runs|
|Aug 15-17, 2014||England||inns & 244 runs|
|Sep 7-11, 2018||England||118 runs|
India vs England 4th Test: Key stats from India’s record at the Oval
- India have lost at the Oval on their last three tours, with two of those defeats being by an innings.
- India last won a Test match at the Oval 50 years ago, when Ajit Wadekar-led side defeated the hosts by four wickets in 1971.
- Overall, India have five defeats at the venue, three of which have been innings defeats, while the other two have been by nine wickets and 118 runs respectively.
- Before their hat-trick of defeats, India drew five successive games at the venue, with their last being in 2007. None of the current crop have experienced a situation other than defeat the venue.
- India’s last Test at the venue saw Rishabh Pant and KL Rahul score centuries in the fourth innings; their first in England.
- Virat Kohli has not gone past 50 in his four innings at the venue; Joe Root has scored centuries in both his Tests against India at the Oval.