India Wins Thomas Cup – Indian Badminton Special Whatsapp GROUP: Indian badminton is basking in Thomas Cup glory. Kidambi Srikanth, the hero of Indian win has revealed team created a special Whatsapp group before the tournament to MOTIVATE themselves. The group was named ‘We’ll Bring it Home’: Follow Indian Badminton News LIVE with InsideSport.IN
“This might sound a little dramatic.
when the team got announced, we created a (WhatsApp) group titled ‘We’ll Bring It Home’ the idea was to motivate each other” Srikanth revalead in a interview to BWF.
India Wins Thomas Cup: Kidambi Srikanth reveals a special WhatsApp group ‘We’ll Bring It Home’ played huge role in team’s Thomas Cup WIN: Check Details
Indian Badminton Special Whatsapp GROUP – India WINS Thomas CUP: While the coaches of the team looked after team’s preparations on court. Srikanth declared the GROUP helped them motivate each other.
The Whatsapp Group gave them belief that they can win THOMAS CUP this time.
“This might sound a little dramatic. But you know, when I was in Korea for the Korea Masters, and the following week we had selection trials immediately after those trials, when the team got announced, we created a (WhatsApp) group titled ‘We’ll Bring It Home’, or something like that,” Srikanth ravalead in post-match while speaking to BWF.
“This happened a week before the tournament started. So yeah we always thought we are capable, but we only had to be consistent. Coming here, it was a fantastic team and we had great atmosphere. We were a happy team, and we were really supporting each other and backing each other,” 29-year-old Srikanth added.
Srikanth and other architects of the win –
- While Srikanth made the headlines, there were other Indian heroes as well who scripted the famous win in Bangkok, which included Lakshya Sen and Prannoy H. S. in singles.
- While Prannoy wasn’t called into action on Sunday, as he showed great determination in the semi-final win over Denmark despite ankle injury.
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, Chirag Shetty, M.R. Arjun, and Dhruv Kapila were also part of the historic journey in Men’s doubles.
Feather in the cap with historic win-
- The Thomas Cup triumph for India was its first-ever major success in the completion’s history as they beat Indonesia.
- Srikanth who was part of the Indian contingent had to negotiate a tough group phase which included Germany, Canada and the Chinese Taipei.
- The Indian team had its tough phase of run in the quarter-final and semi-final wins over Malaysia and Denmark, before bringing their ‘A-game’ in the final.
India’s best performance in Thomas Cup –
Champions – 2022*
Semi-finalists – 1979
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow Indian Badminton News LIVE with InsideSport.IN