India Playing XI 3rd ODI: Virat-Rohit to open, Ishan Kishan Ashwin miss out
With rest galore ahead of World Cup, India are left with only 13 players. Ishan Kishan misses out with viral fever.
India will get another batting heaven in Rajkot and as the two big guns Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli return in India Playing XI vs AUS 3rd ODI, it will be a good chance at some batting practice against Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood in IND vs AUS 3rd ODI. Ishan Kishan misses owing to a viral fever & Washington Sundar gets the nod ahead of Ashwin. In all likelihood, Virat Kohli to open proceedings with Rohit Sharma.
Additionally, four local state players – Dharmendra Jadeja, Prerak Mankad, Vishwaraj Jadeja and Harvik Desai will support the team for drinks and fielding throughout the match.
India Playing XI: Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna
Before the two warm-up matches against England and Netherlands, IND vs AUS 3rd ODI will be the last chance to assess players’ performance. So far, everything looks good. Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have both hit form while Shreyas Iyer slamming a century in Indore is also a positive sign. KL Rahul has already proven his fitness and Suryakumar Yadav has finally found his groove in ODIs.
- Virat Kohli away on a 4-month sabbatical from ODIs, T20s
- 4 players in race for India’s keeper-batter slots in T20 WC
- Suryakumar Yadav set to break Virat Kohli’s T20I record for India
IND vs AUS 3rd ODI: What to expect?
- Ishan Kishan misses the game with a fever. Virat Kohli likely to open with Rohit with Ishan missing.
- Shreyas Iyer who hit form after lengthy injury layoff will occupy No 3 slot ahead of KL Rahul at No 5.
- With no Hardik Pandya, Suryakumar Yadav will occupy No 6 slot.
- Ravindra Jadeja will come in along with Washington Sundar
- Mohammed Siraj returns after his stunning spell in the Asia Cup finals against Sri Lanka.
With Mohammad Shami also rested, India have two pacers left apart from Mukesh Kumar, who is not in World Cup plan. But that will also be a clean swap with Mohammed Siraj replacing Mohammad Shami.
Kuldeep was rested from the first two ODIs. He will link up with the squad in Rajkot today along with Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.
For Ashwin, despite a lukewarm start, he returned to form in the 2nd ODI, bagging three wickets. He terrified Australia so much that even David Warner batted right-handed to tackle Ashwin. But it was Washington Sundar who got the nod ahead of the veteran spinner.
India Squad for 3rd ODI
Rohit Sharma (C), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul (wicketkeeper), Ishan Kishan (wicketkeeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, R Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Siraj, Mukesh Kumar