India at Tokyo Olympics: Two Olympic failures notwithstanding, Deepika Kumar ready to rock at Tokyo on Friday, follow live updates
India at Tokyo Olympics – Deepika Kumari LIVE at Olympics – The big day has arrived for Deepika Kumari. The champion Indian…
India at Tokyo Olympics – Deepika Kumari LIVE at Olympics – The big day has arrived for Deepika Kumari. The champion Indian & World No. 1 women Archer will be the 1st Indian athlete in action in Tokyo Olympics on Friday morning @ 5.30 AM. Deepika will be seen in action in Women’s Individual Ranking Round on Friday – Follow LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co
“I want to prove to myself that I can win,” the World No. 1 told World Archery ahead of her event in Tokyo.
“So it’s very important for me, my entire archery team and my country. It’s very important because Indian archery does not have an Olympic medal so I want to win,” she added.
Also Read: India at Tokyo Olympics: First-day first show for Indian Archers Deepika…
Also Read:Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony: Date, Indian Timing, Live streaming, Venue all…
Also Read: India at Tokyo Olympics – Archery: Check Olympics Archery schedule, full squad, history & live stream details
India at Tokyo Olympics: What has changed in Deepika Kumari? From Olympic novice, she is entering Tokyo Olympic as favourite to win gold – check why?
India at Tokyo Olympics – Deepika Kumari LIVE at Olympics
Deepika Kumari at the 2012 London Olympics
- In 2012, she was in great form winning her first World Cup individual stage recurve gold medal at Antalya, Turkey. After some good performance, she also became world number one in women’s recurve archery. But shockingly she was defeated by Amy Oliver of Great Britain in the first round. Deepika blamed her poor performance because of fever and high winds.
Deepika Kumari at the 2016 Rio Olympics
- In April 2016, she equalled the Ki Bo-bae’s world record of (686/720) in Women’s recurve at the first stage of the World cup in Shangai. On the back of her impressive performance, she headed into Olympics by participating in two events. Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi Laishram and Laxmirani Majhi bowed out in the quarterfinal loss against Russia in the women’s recursive team. Deepika Kumari made a great start in the Individual event but eventually lost to Taipei’s Tan Ya-ting in the round of 16.
India at Tokyo Olympics: 2 failures in previous Olympics, can Deepika Kumari change the fortunes this time – India at Tokyo Olympics – Deepika Kumari LIVE at Olympics
The primary reason for Deepika’s failure in last two Olympics has been that ‘nerves got better of her’. The favorite tag unsettled her and she ended up losing the Olympic battles. So what is changed now – why she is being hailed as the favorite to win the Gold medal at Tokyo Olympics –
- Deepika now is far more experienced & far more accomplished in the world of archery.
- Her consistency has improved drastically. She has been winning medals at global events at will.
- The hat-trick of gold medal at the recently concluded World cup stage 3 in Paris will boost her confidence going into her Olympics.
- Playing with her husband in the mixed event has further eased the neves for her.
Overall Deepika is far better placed mentally as well as professionally as a athlete as she starts her Olympic campaign at Tokyo. Don’t be surprised if she overcome all her demons and stand tall at the Olympic podium with GOLD around her neck – the champion in her is ready to roar and rock – Follow all LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co as Deepika starts her campaign – Watch LIVE Streaming on SonyLIV – India at Tokyo Olympics – Deepika Kumari LIVE at Olympics
5:30 AM – Deepika Kumari LIVE in Women Individual Ranking Round
9:30 AM – Indian Men Archers will be in action in Men’s Individual Rankings Rounds
Follow all LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co as Deepika Kumai & other Indian Archers starts there campaign – Watch LIVE Streaming on SonyLIV