IND vs SA LIVE: Rohit Sharma and co’s final PRACTICE session in Guwahati ends, Rahul Dravid reveals Jasprit Bumrah injury status ahead of India vs SA 2nd T20
IND vs SA LIVE – India Practice Guwahati ends – Rahul Dravid Press Conference LIVE: Rohit Sharma led Indian team will attempt…
IND vs SA LIVE – India Practice Guwahati ends – Rahul Dravid Press Conference LIVE: Rohit Sharma led Indian team will attempt to seal the series in 2nd T20 in Guwahati on Sunday. The team, bugged by injury to their premier fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah, have started their final practice session today at Barsapara Stadium. The likes of Virat Kohli had a good batting session at the nets too. India coach Rahul Dravid attended the Press Conference and gave latest update on Jasprit Bumrah’s injury status. He said that the pacer has not been officially ruled out of T20 World Cup: Follow India vs South Africa T20 series live updates & IND SA 2ND T20 LIVE with InsideSport.IN
— BCCI (@BCCI) October 1, 2022
IND vs SA LIVE: India’s final PRACTICE session before 2nd T20 starts 5PM, Rohit Sharma in BIG Press conference today can reveal Jasprit Bumrah’s Injury STATUS: Follow IND SA 2ND T20 LIVE
IND vs SA LIVE: What is currently status of Bumrah’s INJURY? Mohammed Siraj is already with the India squad in Guwahati in place of Bumrah. For T20 World Cup, Umran Malik has got a surprise recall as he will travel with India World Cup squad to Australia. Siraj will also join him on the trip and both will stay STANDBY if required to fill Bumrah or original standby Mohammed Shami’s place.
- Bumrah reported at the NCA in Bangalore on Friday and went through a series of tests to determine the extent of his injury. The injury diagnosis is “stress reaction in the back”.
- Sources told InsideSport that the BCCI is keeping fingers crossed. The board is hoping Bumrah will be available at some stage during the World Cup. Board president Sourav Ganguly confirmed on Friday that Bumrah was “not out of the World Cup yet”.
- The World Cup-bound squad will leave on October 6 for Australia and will have a short preparatory camp in Perth.
- Bumrah may travel with team to Australia – provided BCCI can arrange for his REHAB with the team.
- In case he fails to meet the desired standard of fitness by the middle of October, the team management will think of getting a replacement.
- Standbys Mohammed Shami, Deepak Chahar, Umran Malik, Mohammed Siraj all will travel with the TEAM
IND SA 2ND T20 LIVE – India Playing XI for Guwahati T20: As far as the series goes, India out played South Africa and lead the three-match series 1-0. The Proteas will be eager to bounce back from the 1st game defeat. But for that to happen, South Africa batters need to come up with a better batting display.
The visitors looked poor against the moving ball. They were reduced to 9 for 5 with four players getting out for a duck. It was only some good contribution from the Keshav Maharaj and Wayne Parnell that helped them cross the 100-run mark. India, in reply, chased down the target with Suryakumar Yadav and KL Rahul scoring half-centuries.
With this series being the last for both teams before T20 World Cup, India and South Africa will be keen to play good cricket on Sunday. They will also be looking to try different combination before the ICC event as well.
India Playing XI 2nd T20: What are the changes expected?
- Indian bowlers made merry on an extremely tricky surface for batters.
- Arshdeep Singh was excellent with three wickets while Deepak Chahar too shone on a seam-friendly pitch.
- Harshal Patel did decently on the pitch but he is struggling with his slower deliveries that could be a problem.
- With no Mohd Shami yet and Bhuvneshwar Kumar out SA series, Deepak Chahar will get an extended run.
- If Mohd Shami doesn’t clear his fitness test, Deepak Chahar will be the first choice in the 15-member squad.
- Hence, he needs to play as many games as possible.
- Arshdeep Singh has impressed all with his skills and would be India’s No 1 death-overs bowler in Australia with Bumrah missing out.
- In batting, there is no need to change much.
- But with Hooda struggling with injury, India would want to have a backup ready.
- Shreyas Iyer having joined the squad in Trivandram late could be given a go in place of Suryakumar Yadav.
- SKY has cemented his place and is one of the first names on the team sheet.
- It’s KL Rahul who has to look into his strike rate.
- He scored a sluggish 50 off 56 balls. While the pitch was tricky, Suryakumar got to his fifty off 33 balls.
India Probable Playing XI 2nd T20:
- Rohit Sharma
- KL Rahul
- Virat Kohli
- Suryakumar Yadav/ Shreyas Iyer
- Rishabh Pant (WK)
- Dinesh Karthik
- Axar Patel
- Harshal Patel
- R Ashwin
- Deepak Chahar
- Arshdeep Singh
IND vs SA: Rohit Sharma & Co begin practice in Guwahati, Mohd Siraj to join as Jasprit Bumrah replacement today: Follow Live Updates