IND vs ENG LIVE – Virat Kohli Conducts Meeting: Former India captain Virat Kohli was given very special responsibility on Tuesday evening by Coach Rahul Dravid. Kohli was seen addressing each and every member of the team. He was seen delivering passionate team talk ahead of India’s warm-up match against Leicestershire. Dravid in the video was standing by Kohli as the former captain shared his experience of conditions in England: Follow INDIA vs ENGLAND LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN.
- India will play Leicestershire in the only warm-up match on June 23 in Leicester
- England and India will go spearheading one another on July 1 in the rescheduled Test at Edgbaston
- Former captain Virat Kohli is learnt to have delivered an “inspirational” speech during the team huddle ahead of Tuesday’s training session.
- Kohli spoke about “closing in on history” in what will be India’s first series victory in England since 2007.
India Tour of England: Virat Kohli RETURNS as LEADER, on request of Rahul Dravid delivers very motivational TEAM TALK: Watch VIDEO
— Leicestershire Foxes 🏏 (@leicsccc) June 21, 2022
Virat charged up for Leicestershire match – In a video posted on the Leicestershire Foxes Twitter handle, Virat was seen delivering a passionate team talk and was seen pumped up.
“Game mode = 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 @imVkohli gives a 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 team talk ahead of a busy day of preparations before @BCCI’s Tour Match @leicsccc https://tinyurl.com/28vknfn3 #IndiaTourMatch #LEIvIND” was the message posted on the Leicestershire Foxes’ Twitter handle.
Virat will have fond memories of the last England tour as he led India to a 2-1 lead before the series was postponed. He has since relinquished the captaincy as Rohit Sharma is the man in charge of the team.
Rain could play spoilsport-
- As things stand, Virat Kohli and Co will need to face tough weather conditions as rain is expected to play a part.
- According to weather forecast, Leicester is predicted to have rain on all four days of the warm-up match.
- While it is clear sky for the pre-match warm-ups on Wednesday and Thursday, rain could play a major role in India’s preparations for the match.
- All the Indian players have been warming up while taking fielding sessions and net sessions.
India Tour of England: Leader Virat Kohli RETURNS in Leicester, conducts team meeting ahead of practice session: Watch video
Virat Kohli eyes 2000 runs against England:
While Virat has shown passion on the field, he will have an eye for some personal milestones. As things stand Virat needs 40 more runs to reach 2000 Test runs against England. He currently sits above head coach Rahul Dravid who scored 1950 runs during his playing days.
The Leicestershire game will be the perfect opportunity for Virat to get prepared for the England series. Virat has also scored five hundreds against England and will have the opportunity to end his century drought when he takes filed against England at Edgbaston.
Schudlue for India’s tour of England:
|Date||Match Details||Venue||Time (IST)|
|1-Jul-22||England vs India, 5th Test (Rescheduled Match)||Edgbaston, Birmingham||3:30 PM|
|7-Jul-22||England vs India, 1st T20I||The Rose Bowl, Southampton||11:00 PM|
|9-Jul-22||England vs India, 2nd T20I||Edgbaston, Birmingham||7::00 PM|
|10-Jul-22||England vs India, 3rd T20I||Trent Bridge, Nottingham||11:00 PM|
|12-Jul-22||England vs India, 1st ODI||Kennington Oval, London||3:30 PM|
|14-Jul-22||England vs India, 2nd ODI||Lord’s, London||3:30 PM|
|17-Jul-22||England vs India, 3rd ODI||Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester||3:30 PM|