IND vs ENG – Gavaskar on Kohli: India skipper Virat Kohli has endured a poor run in England, managing just 126 runs in six innings. In all four innings, the pattern of his wicket has remained same — caught behind five times — something he struggled with during England tour in 2014. Former India captain and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar believes to end the poor run, Kohli should immediately call Sachin Tendulkar and seek advice.
“That is a bit of a worry for me, because he is getting dismissed at the fifth, sixth and even seventh stump. In 2014, he was getting out more around the off-stump,” Sunil Gavaskar said while speaking on Sony Sports during the 3rd Test.
Anderson gets Kohli for the 7th time in Test, this man has done it once again, amazing.pic.twitter.com/XoIOYaI9Ge
— Mani (@TweetsMani14) August 25, 2021
IND vs ENG: Gavaskar on Virat Kohli’s poor form, ‘Call Sachin Tendulkar if you want to overcome bad run’
IND vs ENG – Gavaskar on Virat: Sachin Tendulkar himself endured a bad run of form on bowling friendly pitches but came back strongly. He sacrificed his cover drive in Sydney in 2003-04 series. That determination helped as Sachin slammed an unbeaten 241 after managing 1, 37, 0 and 44 in the previous innings.
As Virat Kohli had revealed that he had worked with Sachin Tendulkar after a torrid run in 2014 in England, Sunil Gavaskar advised him to do the same again as the Indian skipper managed just 7 and was caught behind while trying to hit a cover drive on Wednesday.
“He should give a quick call to Sachin Tendulkar and ask ‘what should I do?’. He should do what Sachin Tendulkar did at Sydney. Say to himself that I am not going to play the cover drive,” Sunil Gavaskar said while speaking on.
IND vs ENG – Gavaskar on Virat: In fact, Virat Kohli has managed just 126 runs at an average of 21.00 in six innings so far in England including the WTC Final against New Zealand. His highest score so far is 44 and has included a golden duck. Furthermore, he has been caught behind while trying to play the cover drive five times out of six innings, showing a pattern of error in his batting.
IND vs ENG: Virat Kohli since his last century –
- Virat Kohli has not scored a century in the last 18 Test innings.
- Since his last century, Kohli has averaged just 23.00 in 18 innings
- His last 18 innings include 3 ducks and 4 single-digit scores.
- He has only three half-centuries in 641 days
- He has scored below 10 eight times, below 20 five times, below 30 once and below fifty twice.
- All formats combined, Virat Kohli has not hit a century in his last 50 innings, a big problem for the team with a batsman of his calibre.
- The pattern of his dismissals in England has been identical, getting caught behind while playing a cover drive.
- He has been caught behind five times in six innings so far in England in 2021.
His struggles have begun to dent India’s batting unit. On Wednesday, India were bowled out for just 78 runs while batting first. Had it not been for Mohammed Shami’s batting heroics, India would have probably lost the 2nd Test.