French Open 2022 LIVE – Roland Garros Schedule: The French Open 2022 will kick start on Sunday, May 22 as the best players in the world will complete to win in the clay courts of Paris. The likes Novak Djokovic and Iga Swiatek are top seeded while Rafael Nadal, Emma Raducanu will also be eager to add to their trophy cabinet. All will be seen in action on the opening day: Follow All French Open 2022 Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.
French Open 2022 LIVE: Watch out for these top 5 matches in ROUND 1 at Roland Garros: Follow French Open LIVE Updates
Novak Djokovic (SER) vs Yoshihito Nishioka (JAP)
- The encounter will be Novak’s first at a Grand Slam since losing the US Open final in 2021 to Daniil Medvedev.
- Novak Djokovic on in individual terms will be eying a fifth straight Grand Slam final while he was missing from the Australian Open and standing in his way in the first round will be
- Novak recently won his first title of 2022 and will have his eyes on his third title in Rome.
- The Japanese star has the potential for an upset but Djokovic and his experience could come handy and play a big part.
Rafael Nadal (Spain) vs Jordan Thompson (USA)
- The Spaniard Rafael Nadal is seeded fifth for the tournament while his opponent Thompson will serve as a potential banana skin for him.
- Considering Nadal’s early 2022 form and a potential title on hand the pressure of expectations could come back to bite him.
- Rafael Nadal will be eyeing a 14th French Open title this year as Jordan Thompson will stand in his way in the first round
- Jordan Thompson though will look at this as a free hit and will try to get the best of Nadal.
Naomi Osaka (JAP) vs Amanda Anisimova (USA)
- Naomi Osaka has never gone past the third round and Amanda Anisimova could be another potential banana skin considering the 20-year-old has all the tools in the arsenal.
- Four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka will have a stern challenge in her hand when she faces 27th seed Amanda Anisimova in the first round.
- The Japanese star has been struggling with injuries and fatigue in recent times but is well capable of winning the whole thing at the French Open.
- A defeat for either will still end as an upset as Naomi’s experience and Anisimova’s talent will clash in the opening round.
French Open 2022 LIVE: First Day – First Bumper Show, Watch out for these top 5 matches on Day 1 at Roland Garros: Follow French Open LIVE Updates
Iga Świątek (POL) vs Lesia Tsurenko (UKR)
- The No.1 seed in the women’s draw, Iga Swiatek has been in sensational form and most recently won the Italian Open.
- She will face Lesia Tsureko in the first round where she is the firm favourite to advance into the next round.
- For Lesia Tsurenko it will a good learning lesson while Swiatek remains the best tennis player on tour this season.
Emma Raducanu (UK) vs Linda Noskova (CZR)
- The US Open champion Emma Raducanu will once again have huge task on her shoulders when she meets Linda Noskova in the first round.
- Emma is seeded 12th at the French Open and will be hoping for atleast a berth in the quarter-finals.
- Raducanu’s opponent Noskova is ranked 184th in the world and would do a world’s difference if she can beat a Grand Slam champion.
Watch the LIVE coverage of Roland-Garros 2022 from May 22, 2022, on SONY SIX, SONY TEN 2 (English), SONY TEN 3 (Hindi) and SONY TEN 4 (Tamil & Telugu) channels, 1:30 PM IST onwards.
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow All French Open 2022 Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.