CSK vs SRH in IPL 2021– CSK looking for 5th Consecutive Win: It has been six years since MS Dhoni’s Chennai Super Kings last won more than four games on a trot. In all these years, the Dhoni-led side has seen many ups and downs. From winning the IPL title in 2018 to getting banned for two years and also not making to the IPL playoffs in 2020 — the first time ever. The three-time champions look well-oiled this season and will start as overwhelming favourites against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the first match of Delhi leg of IPL 2021.
CSK vs SRH in IPL 2021- What is Chennai Super Kings biggest winning streak in IPL?
CSK have bounced back in style after losing the opening match. They are on a roll with four straight wins and will hope that the new venue, Arun Jaitley Stadium favours them.
– The last time Chennai won over four consecutive matches was in 2014.
– They registered six successive victories and had finished in the playoffs.
– CSK’s biggest winning streak was in 2013 when Dhoni-led won side seven games on a trot and had finished runner-ups.
– Chennai, along with Rajasthan Royals, was banned from IPL due to match-fixing allegations. They made a comeback in 2018 and clinched their third IPL title the same year. Post return, Chennai’s biggest streak came in 2019 when they won four games in a row and also played the finals.
CSK vs SRH in IPL 2021- Why are Chennai Super Kings favourites vs Sunrisers Hyderabad? Can CSK register most consecutive wins record since 2014?
The three-time champions had an underwhelming 2020 season but the team, packed with seasoned players, is now displaying the efficiency it is known for. CSK have more than one reasons to take the field with their head held high.
- All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has been the driving force behind CSK’s impressive run so far. His blistering 37 runs last over assault on Harshal Patel completely destroyed RCB on Sunday. He has been among the wickets with his accurate left-arm spin apart from effecting stunning run-outs.
- Openers — Faf du Plessis and Ruturaj Gaikwad — have found form
- Suresh Raina, although is due for a big knock, has looked in good touch.
- Ambati Rayudu has donned his new role well and adds an extra flavour to otherwise explosive middle-order.
- Imran Tahir and Moeen Ali both have looked good. While Tahir, who has just one match to his name so far, impressed everyone with a two-wicket haul and a direct runout, Ali has been CSK’s answer to their No.3 conundrum.
IPL 2021: CSK Playing XI (Probable)
Dhoni can make two changes to CSK’s playing XI. First, if Ali is declared fit, he will resume his duties at No.3. Also, CSK might rest Dwayne Bravo to bring Lungi Ngidi back in the mix. Besides this, its highly unlikely Dhoni will make any changes to his winning combination.
CSK Playing XI: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo/ Lungi Ngidi, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Imran Tahir/ Moeen Ali