BCCI Apex Council Meeting: Focus on pay hike, Ranji players compensation- Follow LIVE updates – Team India is set for a long domestic season and the BCCI Apex Council Meeting is likley to focus on the challenges ahead when they meet on Monday. The Men in Blue are set to host four Tests, three ODIs and a staggering 14 T20Is at home in the forthcoming 2021-22 season, including a rare home series in June next year. As per the proposed fixture lists, India will take on the likes of New Zealand, Sri Lanka, West Indies and South Africa from November this year to June next year.
The BCCI Apex Council Meeting, which will have Sourav Ganguly and Jay Shah in attendance, has a host of things to work on, but hee is greater focus on pay hike and compensation for Ranji Trophy players following a majorly disrupted domestic cricket calendar. The players are likely to get minimum 50 per cent compensation of their total match fees if the BCCI Apex Council approves the working group recommendation.
As per PTI, currently, a first XI player in a Ranji Trophy game gets Rs 35,000 per day and a match fee of Rs 1.4 lakh per game. That effectively means that minimum of Rs 70,000 per match could be the compensation amount. A pay hike is also set to be discused, with reports suggesting that it could be a massive 40%. At the moment, senior men domestic cricketers earn Rs. 35,000 per match-day for Vijay Hazare Trophy as well while for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, the BCCI pays Rs. 17,500 per game. While these are the figures for playing members, reserves are paid half.
BCCI Apex Council Meeting: Focus on pay hike, Ranji players compensation- Follow LIVE updates
- Pay hike, compensation for Ranji players, match officials
- Compensation will be also be considered for women cricketers for loss of games last season.
- COVID-19 ramifications ahead of home season
- UPCA’s request to shift Test from Kanpur to Lucknow’s new stadium
- Ratification of BCCI’s Prevention of Sexual Harassment Policy
- Infrastructure subsidy claims submitted by the state cricket Associations which are more than two years old.
- Stock of preparations for the T20 World Cup, to be held in the UAE after the IPL from October 17 and the 2021-2022 domestic season will be discussed