Asian Games: Indian women lose 1-2 vs Chinese Taipei
India’s Men’s Football team are facing Bangladesh in a must-win encounter. Meanwhile, India’s Women’s cricket team entered the semifinal after rain abandoned their contest vs Malaysia Women
Sunil Chhetri and his men beat Bangladesh in a must-win match on Thursday, to get three points. Earlier in the day, the Indian Men Rowers booked their place in the final at the Asian Games. Meanwhile, the Indian Women’s cricket team have entered the semifinal after the quarterfinal contest against Malaysia was called off due to rain. Later in the day, Indian Women’s football team lost 1-2 to Chinese Taipei first group encounter.
- Asian Games India Wrestling Schedule: Bajrang Punia to lead team
- Asian Games: Kabaddi begins on October 2 – Check full schedule
- Asian Games: Badminton action to begin from 28th September – Check Full Schedule
- Asian Games: India Table Tennis schedule, live streaming and other details
Asian Games – Fixtures on September 21
- India vs Malaysia – Match abandoned – India enter semifinal
- Women’s Lightweight double Sculls – Anshika Bharti, Kiran – Fourth place (8.01.80)
- Men’s Lightweight Doubles Sculls – Arjun Lal Jat, Arvind Singh – First place (6.55.78)
- Men’s double sculls – Parminder Singh, Satnam Singh – First Place (6.48.06)
- Men’s quadruples sculls – Satnam Singh, Parminder Singh, Sukhmeet Singh, Jakhar Khan – 6:09.94 (First Place)
- Men: K. C. Ganapathy, Varun Thakkar (Men’s 49er), Jerome Kumar (IQFoil) – 8.30 AM
- Chitresh Tatha (Formula Kite), Eabad Ali (Men’s RS:X)- 11.30 AM
- Adhvait Menon (Laser 4.7), Vishnu Saravanan (Laser) – 11.40 AM
- Women: Harshita Tomar, Shital Verma (49er FX) – 8.40 AM
- Ishwariya Ganesh (Women’s RS:X), Neha Thakur (Laser 4.7), Nethra Kumanan (Laser Radial) – 11.30 AM
- Mixed Team: Preethi Kongara, Sudhanshu Shekhar, Siddheshwar Doiphode, Ramya Saravanan – 11.30 AM
- India vs Bangladesh – India won 1-0
- India vs Chinese Taipei – India lost 1-2
India’s Women’s Cricket team will kick-off action in the Asian Games. The Women in Blue will face Malaysia in the quarterfinal contest. It will be the first-ever match for Indian Women’s Cricket team in the Asian Games. Cricket was last part of the Asiad in 2014.
The Women in Blue received a direct entry to the quarterfinal. Malaysia, ranked World No.27 meanwhile defeated Hong Kong by 22 runs in their first match of the tournament. India will be the overwhelming favourites in the upcoming contest.
After an impressive outing in the heats, the Indian Rowers will aim to seal spots in the finals. The action for the day will begin with Anshika Bharti and Kiran in Women’s Lightweight Doubles Skulls.
Men’s Lightweight double sculls pair Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh finished second in their event in the heats. They are the favourites to enter the final. Men’s Quadruples team also finished second in the heats and will be in action. They are all looking to join their fellow compatriots Jaswinder Singh, Bheem Singh, Punit Kumar, Ashish, who have reached the final in the Men’s four coxless team.
- India’s gold medal prospects in athletics at Asian Games
- Top Indian athletes to miss out on selection
- World-beaters who will be star attractions in Asian Games – Check Out
- India vs Pakistan battles to look forward to at Asian Games
- Watch out for these supermoms in action for India at Asian Games
- Asian Games Opening ceremony: India’s flag-bearers in the last five editions
The entire Indian Sailing contingent will also begin their Asian Games campaign on the day. Varun Thakkar and KC Ganapathy won the bronze medal in the last edition. All eyes will be on this duo as they enter the tournament after winning gold in the recently concluded Asian Sailing Championships.
Harshita Tomar, who won the bronze in the Women’s Laser4,7 will also begin her campaign. However she will represent the country in this edition at the 49er FX alongside Shital Verma.
Men’s – India vs Bangladesh
Following their 1-5 defeat against China, Indian Men’s team will face Bangladesh in their second group encounter. Igor Stimac’s Men has to quickly forget their disappointing loss against China and should bounce back in the upcoming contest.
Bangladesh also enter the contest after a loss. The Bengal Tigers suffered a narrow 0-1 loss against Myanmar in their opening game of the tournament. For both the teams, the upcoming match is a do-or-die contest.
Women’s – India vs Chinese Taipei
Indian Women’s Football team meanwhile will begin their campaign at the Asiad. The Blue Tigeresses will face a strong Chinese Taipei in their opening group game. Chinese Taipei is ranked 38 while India is ranked 61. However the head-to-head record between both the sides stand at 1-1 and India will be aiming to take lead.
How to watch live streaming of Hangzhou Asian Games 2023 in India?
Fans can watch the live streaming of the Volleyball event on the Sony Liv App. The live telecast will be available on Sony Sports Ten 2, 3, 4, and 5 SH/HD Channels.