Innersloth drops the biggest Among Us update: The latest major update for Among Us – version 2021.11.09 – just launched and is out now on all platforms! The Role & Cosmicube update features adjustable Roles, an all-new store, and a progression system! Let’s check out the detailed information on Update.
A whole new level of gameplay is here. These 4 brand new Roles add a ton of complexity and new gameplay to the social deduction mechanics you know and love! More information can be found in the Lobby Settings, but here’s a quick rundown:
- Scientist: Access vitals at any time. Complete tasks to recharge your battery.
- Engineer: Can use the vents.
- Guardian Angel: Cast a protection shield around the remaining Crewmates.
- Shapeshifter: Disguise yourself by morphing into any other Crewmate.
And like most of our game settings, these Roles are completely customizable! Add or remove whatever you like, change the probability, and even alter individual abilities
You Want more cosmetics, collaborations with other games, and progression. And we Want to give everyone more things, needs to survive and pay for server costs, and do more cool stuff. Cosmicubes are a new way for you to get exclusive cosmetics and show off your gear! Space bean drip, as they say.
How exactly does it work?
There are several different types of resources you can gather, and each one does something special:
Currency can always be stored for later, and we’ll be constantly releasing new items as we get more updates and partnerships in the future.
Account Linking, Achievements, and More
New items and XP means a need to be able to aggregate and link your Among Us account to different platforms! For most platforms, you’ll be able to log in, link, and save your progress and cosmetics using the same account.
Please read the in-game instructions VERY carefully to make sure you don’t overwrite the wrong account!
Additionally, there are some controller changes in this update introduced by Innersloth.
- The Vent action is no longer attached to the main action button. In order to vent, press V on the keyboard, or Right Shoulder Button on controllers.
- Sabotage is no longer attached to the main action button. In order to access the sabotage map, Impostors can simply open up their map, using the Tab key on keyboards or Left Trigger on controllers.
- If you have a special role, the action for that role is accessed via the F key on keyboards or Right Trigger on controllers. This includes the Engineer’s vent ability.
Achievements will be available on platforms that have them! Here’s what you need to know:
- Stats that affect your achievements will persist across all linked platforms (essentially your stats are linked to your player ID)
- You need to perform the actual action that would unlock that achievement to trigger it on another platform.
- Fake achievement example to explain: If you got a 50 card swipe achievement on Steam and want that to unlock on iOS, you would need to do the card swipe task one more time in iOS to get the achievement.