The Lahore High Court has pushed back the hearing of the alleged rape case against former Pakistan cricket captain Babar Azam. The new date is set for December 16. This delay came after Babar’s senior lawyer was absent, and his junior colleague requested a postponement.
Serious allegations against cricketer
Hamiza Mukhtar, the petitioner, repeated her accusations in court. She stated that she and Babar had been in a relationship, during which he allegedly assaulted her after promising marriage. Mukhtar also claimed that Babar had made her pregnant and then convinced her to have an abortion.
“Babar Azam sexually exploited me, making me pregnant. He later persuaded me to abort the child, which she did,” she said.
Medical records submitted
To support her claims, Mukhtar has included medical documents with her petition. She also mentioned that the police had refused to file an FIR against Babar when she complained of “blackmail and fornication” back in 2021.
Latest Cricket News
- T20 World Cup 2026, Super 8s: India vs West Indies at Eden Gardens on March 1 confirmed
- Rainbow Six Siege Year 11 Roadmap: Operation Silent Hunt, R6 Mobile Global Launch, And More
- ‘Jaahil and incompetent Mohsin Naqvi’ destroying Pakistan cricket, says Shoaib Akhtar
- BGIS 2026 Round 4: Confirmed Teams, Schedule, Format, and More
- Free Fire India Download Apk Latest Version – Is It Available Or Not?
Babar focusing on South Africa Tour
While the legal matter unfolds, Babar Azam is currently in South Africa for a cricket series. The tour includes three T20Is, three ODIs, and two Test matches. In the recent first T20I at Durban, Babar was dismissed for a duck as Pakistan lost by 11 runs.
Cricket
T20 World Cup 2026, Super 8s: India vs West Indies at Eden Gardens on March 1 confirmed
