Mohammad Rizwan registered his highest Test score in the PAK vs BAN 1st Test in Rawalpindi on Thursday. The batter, however, missed out on a well deserved double century. Rizwan stayed unbeaten on 171 as Pakistan decided to declare at 448/6. Pakistan vice skipper Saud Shakeel has justified the decision to declare at that point.
Was Rizwan denied double century?
Speaking at the press conference after the day’s play, Saud Shakeel said that the decision was not taken in haste. He claimed that Rizwan had already been informed that they would declare at that point one hour before the call was made.
“See, as far as Rizwan bhai’s double century is concerned, I don’t think there was a haste in taking the decision (to declare the innings). Because Rizwan bhai was clearly told an hour before that we would be declaring at this point of time. So he had an idea when we will declare,” Shakeel said.
Latest cricket news
- Rajasthan Royals agree to play IPL 2026 home matches in Jaipur after meeting with Rajasthan CM
- DRS, Feb 21: IND vs PAK match breaks ICC records, PSL behind WPL & Abhishek Sharma to get dropped?
- Predicted India Playing XI vs South Africa: Any chance for Abhishek Sharma-Sanju Samson swap?
- Steve Smith’s 7700 km journey ends with no gametime as Australia back Cameron Green
- Team India not concerned about Abhishek Sharma, Washington Sundar likely to retain spot vs SA
Rizwan and Shakeel resuced Pakistan as they steered Pakistan to a dominant total before declaring. The duo stitched together a monumental partnership of 240 runs, which not only saved Pakistan from a collapse but also ensured that the side was fimly in the driver’s seat.
Rizwan’s 171-run knock came off 239 deliveries and was studded with 11 fours and three sixes. Shakeel, on the other hand went on to score his 3rd Test century, played a 141-run knock.
Cricket
Rajasthan Royals agree to play IPL 2026 home matches in Jaipur after meeting with Rajasthan CM
