🛠️ A #Warzone update is live!
Double Barrel (VG) adjustment & Plunder Overtime threshold has been increased.
— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) January 7, 2022
- Cash threshold to enable Overtime in the Plunder mode has been increased to $2,000,000, up from $1,000,000.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
Call of Duty Warzone Update: Raven Software announces new changes in the game
We would like to take a moment to discuss some of our upcoming plans as well as how our Weapon balance philosophy will be changing in Caldera. We will be looking to take on a more incremental approach to Weapon nerfs. We understand it can be frustrating to commit a great deal of time to a Weapon to have its viability completely stripped in an unexpected balance patch. We would like to reiterate that our north star is Weapon diversity. With that being said, we feel it is appropriate to announce that in the near future we will be making some adjustments to the Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG) and the Submachine Gun Charlie (VG) – with the intent of closing the gap between these two Weapons and their competitors. In addition, we will be toning down what is often referred to as ‘Visual Recoil’ on Vanguard Assault Rifles. We feel this will help promote a healthier, more diverse pool of mid to long-range Weapons.
» Barrel «
- Double Barrel (VG)
- Move Speed decreased to 1.03, down from 1.04
» Perk «
- Double Barrel (VG)
- Damage Multiplier decreased to .55, down from 1
- Damage Range Multiplier increased to 1, up from .6
- Move Speed decreased to .985, down from 1
- Hip Spread increased to 1.32, up from 1.28
The Akimbo Double Barrel (VG) was able to consistently achieve lethality at extreme ranges. While we agree that Shotguns should be the most lethal option within close quarters, once that range begins to encroach on Submachine Gun territory, we must intervene. It may seem peculiar that we are removing the Damage Range downside from the Attachment given in previous statements, however, a more significant reduction to its overall Damage will make the Akimbo Double Barrel (VG) feel less oppressive at extreme ranges while maintaining its effectiveness in close quarters.