Sanju Samson Injury Update: India star SKIPS NCA, trains with Personal physio in Kochi, awaits BCCI clearance for Ranji Trophy return before IND vs AUS ODI series, IPL 2023 – Follow LIVE Updates
Sanju Samson Injury Update: IND vs AUS – Indian batter Sanju Samson has decided to skip rehab training at the NCA. The…
Sanju Samson Injury Update: IND vs AUS – Indian batter Sanju Samson has decided to skip rehab training at the NCA. The right-handed batter is currently training with a personal physio in Kochi. To note, Samson sustained a knee injury while trying to take a catch during a recently concluded T20I game against SriLanka. Samson was ruled out for the remainder of the series and was also not named for the white-ball fixtures against New Zealand. However, the young batter is recovering well and he might be seen in action soon. Follow India vs Australia and IPL 2023 Updates on InsideSport.IN
Sanju Samson Injury Update: India stars SKIPS NCA, trains with Personal physio in Kochi, awaits BCCI clearance for Ranji Trophy return before IND vs AUS ODI series, IPL 2023 – Follow LIVE Updates
The word on Sanju Samson is that he is undergoing rehab with his personal physio in Kochi. He is awaiting clearance from the BCCI and could return to action soon if Kerala manages to qualify for the #RanjiTrophy knockouts.
— Lalith Kalidas (@lal__kal) January 22, 2023
As per reports, Samson is currently awaiting clearance from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to participate in the ongoing Ranji Trophy. Samson plays for Kerala in the domestic tournaments and the fans might see him action in the knockout stages of Ranji if Kerala manages to qualify for the next round.
At present, Kerala is positioned at the number 3 slot in its group. They have played six matches and won three with two games ending as draw. Kerala will take on Puducherry in its last group-stage encounter of the competition.
As mentioned above, Samson injured his knee while fielding in the first T20I against SriLanka in Mumbai. He was later ruled out of the remaining two T20Is, with Punjab Kings wicketkeeper-batter Jitesh Sharma replacing him.
- Returning from injury, Samson will definitely look to play some eye-catching innings in the Ranji Trophy.
- With Rishabh Pant ruled out, Samson will have eyes cast on the wicketkeeper role in the Indian squad
- While ignored for the ODIs against Bangladesh and SriLanka, Samson will fancy his chances.
- Speaking about Samson’s numbers in ODIs, the 28-year-old has played just 11 matches.
- In those 11 games, he has amassed 330 runs at an excellent average of 66. He also plays with a strike rate of above 100
- With the 50-over World Cup slated this year, Samson will definitely be eyeing to cement his place in the Indian ODI squad.