Korea Open 2022: The much awaited Korea Open is all set to kickstart in less than a week. The tournament is finally making a return after a two-year hiatus due to the Covid 19 pandemic. The premier badminton tournament which is part of the BWF Super 500 series begins on 5th April, Tuesday. The finals will be played on Sunday, 10th April. India’s biggest superstars PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth, Lakshya Sen will be in action in the tournament. Follow InsideSport.IN for more updates.
Korean Open Badminton LIVE – Lakshya Sen Korean Open LIVE: The Indian badminton ace Lakshya Sen has survived a huge scare at the Korean Open. Sen was stretched to the limit by a local Korean player in 1st round clash. Lakshya lost the 1st game against Choi Ji Hoon 14-21. But the Indian came back strongly to win next two by 21-16, 21-18: Follow Korean Open LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
6th seeded Lakshya will play Indonesia’s Shesar Hiren RHUSTAVITO in Last 16 Clash.
India at Korea Open Badminton – TUESDAY
- Lakshya Sen beat Choi Ji Hoon 14-21, 21-16, 21-18
- HS Prannoy lost to (Malaysia) 17-21, 7-21
- Malvika Bansod vs Han Yue (China)
Other top Indians in fray Kidambi Srikanth, PV Sindhu & Saina Nehwal will begin their Korean Open journey on Wednesday.
World Championship silver medallist Srikanth Kidambi has been seeded fifth in the men’s singles while Lakshya Sen has been seeded sixth. In the Women’s singles, PV Sindhu is the third seed.
- Srikanth will face Malaysia’s Liew Daren in the first round. He is placed in a relatively easy group with second seed Lee Zii Jia being the only other seeded player in the group.
- Meanwhile Lakshya Sen, Parupalli Kashyap and Sourabh Verma are all in the same group.
- The group also has top seed Anthony Ginting. Parupalli Kashyap and Sourabh Verma will face each other in the firs round.
- In men’s doubles, Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy have been seeded third and they are placed in a relatively easy group.
- They will kickstart their campaign against Thailand’s Supak Jomkoh and Kittinupong Kedren.
- Dhruv Kapila and MR Arjun, will be up against China’s unseeded He Jiting and Zhou Haodong, while the third Indian pair of Krishna Prasad Garaga and Vishnuvardhan Panjala will face Indonesia’s Pramudya Kusumawardana and Yeremia Rambitan.
- After winning the Swiss Open Title, PV Sindhu enters the Korea Open as the third seed. She will be up against America’s unseeded Lauren Lam in the first round.
- The only other seeded player in this group is Busanan Ongbamrungphan.
- In women’s doubles, Ashwini Ponnappa and Sikki Reddy are seeded fourth and they have received a bye in the first round.
- They will face Canada’s unseeded Catherine Choi and Josephine Wu in the second round.
- Meanwhile India also has the unseeded Palak Arora and Unnati Hooda. The duo will face South Korea’s Chang Ye-na and Jung Kyung-eun.
- India’s mixed doubles pair Sumeeth Reddy and Ashwini Ponnappa will kickstart their campaign against Malaysia’s Tan Kian Meng and Lai Pei Jing. They are the only Indian duo in the mixed doubles.
Where to watch Korea Open 2022 LIVE Streaming?
Fans in India can watch the Korea Open 2022 LIVE on Voot Select and also at BWF’s official Youtube channel BWF TV.
Korea Open 2022: PV Sindhu, Lakshya Sen & Kidambi Srikanth placed in easy draws in Korea Open – Check Out