IPL 2021 Rules after fans Allowed, Check IPL 2021 phase 2 New Rules all fans should know – Indian Premier League is all set to welcome fans back in the stadiums in the IPL 2021 Phase 2 in the UAE. The 14th edition of the tournament was held in India initially without any crowd due to the COVID-19 pandemic but with the second leg between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings beginning on September 19, fans will be back in Dubai Sharjah and Abu Dhabi stadiums. fans should know IPL 2021 New Rule
Schedule / Teams / Live / Points Table / Orange Cap / Purple Cap
Check IPL 2021 phase 2 New Rules
1) Balls to be replaced: If the ball goes into the stands then it will be replaced and the original ball will be sanitised and placed in the ball library. The step has been taken as a precautionary measure as the tournament is likely to see in-stadium crowds.
2) Ban on saliva: Strict ban on the use of saliva to shine the ball. In such cases, the umpires might penalise the bowling team 5 runs in case of multiple violations. The saliva ban was imposed during IPL 2020 as well.
3) Strict bio-bubble: The bio bubble measures remain applicable not just to the IPL players participating in the tournament but also to their family members and even the owners of the teams. They can leave the bubble only if it is highly necessary prior to which they will have to get formal permission from the BCCI’s Chief Medical Officer to exit the bubble.
4) Green Zone: To ensure a complete cut off from the people in the hotel, the players will have separate check-in counters at the hotels. This would ensure that they remain separated from outside elements throughout their transit from rooms to field.
IPL 2021 New Rule after fans Allowed, Check IPL 2021 phase 2 New Rules all fans should know
5) Mandatory COVID tests: Before entering the bubble, all those who are not coming from another bubble will have to go through three RT-PCR tests over a period of seven days. Only when they test negative in all of them would they be allowed to join the bubble.
6) Bubble Integrity Managers: To ensure that no violation of the bio bubble happens in any way, a four-member team of ‘Bubble Integrity Managers’ will be created for each team. The committee will keep a vigil eye to ensure that players and the support staff adhere to the stringent rules. Besides, it will also be the responsibility of this group to inform the authorities about any potential breach of the protocols.
7) One hotel, one team: The officials have gone a step further to prevent any possibility for players to inadvertently mingle with someone even at the hotel. BCCI has stipulated that teams should try and book entire hotels for their squads. If that is not possible, an entire wing of the hotel would be reserved for the team and would be sealed off for those not part of the group. The aim is to minimize the chance of physical interaction with people from outside.
8) Mandatory quarantine period: All the players coming from the UK including Indians will have to go through mandatory six-day quarantine. While Mumbai Indians’ Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah and Cheteshwar Pujara arrived in Abu Dhabi on Saturday morning along with their families, RCB’s Virat Kohli & Mohammed Siraj will reach on Sunday morning. CSK and PBKS players will take commercial flights from manchester on Saturday night.
IPL 2021 Rules after fans Allowed, Check IPL 2021 phase 2 New Rules all fans should know