India at Tokyo Olympics: The dauntless Indian Boxing Team have trained for the last time in Italy before flying to Tokyo. In what will be her last Olympics, the 38-year-old Mary Kom was seen with Ashish Kumar Chaudhary, Vikas Krishan, and Manish Kaushik in Italy for their last day of training, as they leave for Tokyo tonight. The Indian Boxers commence their Olympics campaign on the 24th of July, Check the full schedule below – Follow all LIVE Updates from Tokyo Olympics about Indian Shooting on InsideSport.co & Watch LIVE Streaming on SonyLIV.
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) confirmed that Mary Kom and men’s hockey team captain Manpreet Singh would be the flagbearers for the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Olympics.
“I am very happy about being given this opportunity to be the flagbearer. I want to thank each and everyone, SAI, IOA, Sports Ministry, and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is not easy for everyone to be given this opportunity,” Mary Kom had told ANI.
India at Tokyo Olympics: Indian Boxing Team to depart for Tokyo from Italy
Our Pugilists are en-route to create history at #Tokyo2020!
Here are the glimpses from their last day of training in Italy. The team is set to fly out to @Tokyo2020 today, 17 July.
— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) July 17, 2021
🧳 Travel Update
The boxing contingent is on its way to Tokyo. 🥊
— The Bridge (@the_bridge_in) July 17, 2021
India at Tokyo Olympics: More Glimpses of the Indian Boxers from their last day of training in Italy
The men’s boxing side comprises number one and Asian Games champion Panghal (52kg), Manish Kaushik (63kg), Vikas Krishan (69kg), Ashish Kumar (75kg), and Satish Kumar (+91kg).
The women’s squad included Mary Kom (51kg), Simranjit Kaur (60kg), Lovlina Borgohain (69kg), and Pooja Rani (75kg).
India at Tokyo Olympics – Boxing schedule Tokyo Olympics
- Saturday, 24 July (07:30 – 11:00) (IST)
– Women’s Welterweight – Round of 32 (Lovlina Borgohain)
– Men’s Welterweight – Round of 32 (Vikas Krishan Yadav)
- Saturday, 24 July (13:30 – 17:00) (IST)
– Men’s Super Heavyweight – Round of 32 (Satish Kumar)
- Sunday, 25 July (07:30 – 11:15) (IST)
– Women’s Flyweight – Round of 32 (Mary Kom)
– Women’s Middleweight – Round of 32 ( Pooja Rani)
– Men’s Lightweight – Round of 32 (Manish Kaushik)
- Monday, 26 July (07:30 – 11:15) (IST)
– Men’s Lightweight – Round of 32 (Amit Panghal)
– Men’s Middleweight – Round of 32 (Ashish Kumar)
- Tuesday, 27 July (07:30 – 11:15) (IST)
– Women’s Lightweight – Round of 32 (Simranjit Kaur)
Tokyo Olympics Boxing Live Streaming details & all other details – All Tokyo Olympic Boxing Matches will be Live Streamed on SonyLIV in India & Follow them LIVE on InsideSport.co.