MI beat PBKS Highlights – IPL 2021: Hardik Pandya, Saurabh Tiwary guide Mumbai Indians to 6 wickets win; MI climb to 5th place in Points Table- A late blitz from Hardik Pandya (40 Runs off 30 Balls) & a crucial 45 runs innings by Saurabh Tiwari led Mumbai Indians a much-needed win against Punjab Kings. With the victory MI has jumped to 5th spot in the points table with 10 points at par with 4th place KKR. MI still would require win in all 3 matches to qualify for the IPL Playoffs – Follow IPL 2021 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co
Punjab Kings on the other hand slipped to 6th place as the playoffs battle start to get heated up for 4th place finish.
MI vs PBKS Highlights: Hardik Pandya, Saurabh Tiwary guide Mumbai Indians to 6 wickets win; MI climb to 5th place in Points Table
IPL 2021 Teams Points Table
|1||Chennai Super Kings||10||8||2||0||16||+1.069|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||10||6||4||0||12||-0.359|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||11||5||6||0||10||+0.363|
MI beat PBKS Highlights – IPL 2021: Saurabh Tiwary played an innings of substance as he slammed 45 runs off 37 balls that comprised 3 fours and a couple of sixes. He shared a crucial partnership with opener Quinton de Kock (27) after MI were struggling at 16/2 in the 5th over. Later Hardik Pandya and Kieron Pollard stepped up the ante against Punjba Kings bowlers to complete the finishing duties for Mumbai Indians. Meanwhile, Ravi Bishnoi returned with figures of 2/25 as he kept Punjab in the game but the pacers couldn’t pull it off for Punjab Kings towards the end.
“It was a great fight, but 135 was not enough on this pitch. We should have got about 170. The boys showed a lot of fight with the ball, we have done that two games in a row. The next three games will be interesting for us as the table looks interesting. It is what it is, we haven’t been able to handle the pressure. We’ll learn more if we play more together as a team. We need to be positive. We have three games, so we need to take one game at a time. We need to go out there and enjoy ourselves. All our games in the UAE have gone down to the wire, hopefully we can build on that,” KL Rahul said post-match.
Bowling the penultimate over of the match, Shami conceded 17 runs as Pandya hammered six and two fours to seal the fate of the match in the MI’s favour.
MI beat PBKS Highlights – IPL 2021 Earlier, Mumbai Indians (MI) bowlers restricted Punjab Kings (PBKS) to 135/6. For Mumbai, Kieron Pollard and Jasprit Bumrah scalped two wickets each while Krunal Pandya and Rahul Chahar returned with one each. Aiden Markram and Deepak Hooda played innings of 42 and 28 respectively for Punjab Kings.
MI vs PBKS Highlights – Punjab Kings innings
Put in to bat first, PBKS made a decent start as the team gathered 38 runs in the first six with a loss of one wicket. Krunal Pandya sent Mandeep Singh back to the pavilion after trapping him in front of wickets for lbw in the last over of the powerplay. PBKS opener walked back after scoring 15 off 14 balls.
In the very next over, Kieron Pollard wreaked havoc on PBKS as the West Indian all-rounder removed compatriot Chris Gayle on one run and then dismissed KL Rahul in the same spell. PBKS captain walked back after scoring 21 off 22 balls.
Jasprit Bumrah made conditions worse for Punjab as he removed Nicholas Pooran in the following over. Aiden Markram was then joined by Deepak Hooda on the pitch and the pair started to stabilise the ship for the team in red. At the halfway mark in the innings, Punjab score read 62/4. The duo mixed caution with delightful strokeplay as Punjab crossed 100 runs mark in the 15th over of the innings.
Markram and Hooda gathered 15 runs in the 15th over off Trent Boult. In the very next over Rahul Chahar clean bowled dangerous-looking Markram for 42 off 29 balls.
Hooda (28) was dismissed by Bumrah in the penultimate over of the innings. After the final over, the PBKS score read 135/6.
MI beat PBKS Highlights: Earlier, Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma won the toss and opted to bowl first against KL Rahul-led Punjab Kings. As predicted by InsideSport, Ishan Kishan has been dropped in favour of Saurabh Tiwary. For Punjab Kings, Mayank Agarwal missed out with a stiff neck and Mandeep Singh replaced him.
|Rohit Sharma (C)||c Mandeep Singh b Ravi Bishnoi||8||10||1||0||80.00|
|Quinton de Kock (WK)||b M Shami||27||29||2||0||93.10|
|Suryakumar Yadav||b Ravi Bishnoi||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|Saurabh Tiwary||c KL Rahul b Nathan Ellis||45||37||3||2||121.62|
|Hardik Pandya||Not out||40||30||4||2||133.33|
|Kieron Pollard||Not out||15||7||1||1||214.29|
|Extra||2 (b 0, w 2, nb 0, lb 0)|
|Yet To Bat||KH Pandya, RD Chahar, NM Coulter-Nile, TA Boult, JJ Bumrah|
Kieron Pollard delivers a six and four off Arshdeep Singh to help MI dominate the run chase. Punjab Kings need a miracle in the last two overs.
Hardik Pandya in the act! Smashes a four and a six after getting hit on the ribs off Mohd Shami.
Over 3: Arshdeep Singh comes into attack
- Good over from Arshdeep, just 3 runs from it.
Over 2: Mohammed Shami comes into attack
- FOUR! Rohit Sharma gets a quicker delivery and sends it for 4.
- APPEAL! No heed paid. Sounded like the ball kissed Rohit Sharma’s bat but umpire says no. KLR doesn’t take DRS.
Over 1: Aiden Markram to bowl first over, interesting!
- Good first over from Markram, just 6 runs from it.
MI vs PBKS Live Score, IPL 2021: PBKS 135/6 (20)
|KL Rahul (c)†||c Bumrah b Pollard||21||22||2||0||95.45|
|Mandeep Singh||lbw b KH Pandya||15||14||2||0||107.14|
|Chris Gayle||c HH Pandya b Pollard||1||4||0||0||25.00|
|Aiden Markram||b Chahar||42||29||6||0||144.82|
|Nicholas Pooran||lbw b Bumrah||2||3||0||0||66.66|
|Deepak Hooda||c Pollard b Bumrah||28||26||1||1||107.69|
|Harpreet Brar||not out||14||19||0||0||73.68|
|Nathan Ellis||not out||6||4||0||0||150.00|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 2, nb 1, w 2)||6|
|TOTAL||(20 Ov, RR: 6.75)||135/6|
Yet to bat: Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Fall of wickets: 1-36 (Mandeep Singh, 5.2 ov), 2-39 (Chris Gayle, 6.2 ov), 3-41 (KL Rahul, 6.4 ov), 4-48 (Nicholas Pooran, 7.3 ov), 5-109 (Aiden Markram, 15.2 ov), 6-123 (Deepak Hooda, 18.4 ov)
MI vs PBKS Live Score, IPL 2021: PBKS 135/6
Over 20: Nathan Coulter-Nile comes back for his final over
- No boundaries, but PBKS get away with 8 runs.
Over 19: Bumrah comes back for his final over
- Bumrah finishes up with 2/24.
- DROPPED! Suryakumar and Bumrah run for a catch but the ball lands on no man’s land. Harpreet survives.
- WICKET! Hooda’s slow innings comes to an end. Bumrah gets his second.
- Two back to bakc dot balls from Bumrah.
Over 18: Nathan Coilter-Nile comes back for his third over
- He has mixed shorter deliveries with yorkers and just three runs so far.
- A good over so far. His variations have troubled Harpreet.
Over 16: Rahul Chahar comes back for his last over
- WICKET! Great delivery from Chahar, flighted one and cleans up Markram.
- FOUR! Markram hammers him for a 4 to move closer to his 50.
Over 15: Trent Boult comes back for his last over
- Good over for PBKS.
- FOUR! Hooda gets on the top of a short delivery and hammers it for a 4.
- FOUR! Backfoot shot and another four for Markram.
- FOUR! Markram hammers Boult for a long-waiting boundary.
Over 13: Krunal Pandya comes back for his last over
- 8 runs from the over. Krunal ends with 1/24 in 4 overs.
- His brother Krunal Pandya with his last over.
- No sign of Hardik Pandya. Doesn’t look like he is ready to bowl yet.
Over 11: Trent Boult comes back in the attack
- Good comeback from Boult. 7 runs from the over.
- SIX! Out of nowhere. Hooda picks up a shorter delivery and sends it over the rope for a big 6.
Over 10: Coulter-Nile comes back in the attack
- FOUR! Markram takes on Nathan for a 4. He needs to keep going.
Over 9: Rahul Chahar comes back in the attack
- FOUR! Markram hammers Chahar for a 4.
Over 8: Bumrah comes back in the attack
- WICKET! Bumrah removes Nicholas Pooran. Punjab are in real trouble.
Over 7: Kieron Pollard comes into the attack
- WICKET! KL Rahul departs. PBKS in trouble.
- Aiden Markram comes on the crease.
- WICKET! Gayle tries to hammer one off Pollard but gives simple catch to Hardik. His poor run continues.
MI vs PBKS Live Score, IPL 2021: Over 6: Krunal Pandya comes into the attack
- End of powerplay and just 38 runs for PBKS.
- That was 50th wicket for Krunal Pandya.
- WICKET! The ball stays low and hits Mandeep on the pad, a big appeal and he has to depart. MI have a breakthrough.
Over 5: Nathan Coulter Nile comes into the attack
- Just 3 runs from it.
- Another short ball and Mandeep pulls it but it lands just safely and Boult misses a chance.
- 4th bowler in 5 overs, Coulter-Nile comes into attack.
Over 4: Jasprit Bumrah comes into the attack
- FOUR! Short ball and Mandeep smashes it over the head for a 4.
- FOUR! Poor full delivery and Rahul smashes it for a 4.
- Good, moving delivery and Rahul leaves it.
Over 3: Krunal Pandya continues the attack
- FOUR! Full toss wide and Mandeep hammers it for a 4.
- FREEHIT! Mandeep fails to take advantage of the free hit.
Over 2: Trent Boult comes into attack
- FOUR! Room and Rahul’s cover drive rushes to the boundary for a 4.
- Good over so far. Just four runs off it. Tight bowling from Mumbai.
Over 1: Surprise, Krunal Pandya opens bowling for Mumbai
- Good, tight bowling from Krunal, just 4 runs of it.
- KL Rahul, Mandeep Singh open, Krunal Pandya bowls first over.
MI vs PBKS Live Score, IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians Playing XI: Rohit Sharma(c), Quinton de Kock(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwary, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
Punjab Kings Playing XI: KL Rahul(w/c), Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Aiden Markram, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Harpreet Brar, Nathan Ellis, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh