Tennis
Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal denies Monte Carlo Masters comeback, says, ‘I don’t know when I’ll play again” – Check Out 

Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal denies Monte Carlo Masters comeback, says, ‘I don’t know when I’ll play again” – Check Out 

Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal’s injury recovery period is set to extend further. The former World No.1 has denied claims of his comeback at the upcoming Monte Carlo Masters in April. The 22-time champion last featured in the Australian Open earlier this year. He suffered a hip flexor injury and bowed out of the second […]

Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal’s injury recovery period is set to extend further. The former World No.1 has denied claims of his comeback at the upcoming Monte Carlo Masters in April. The 22-time champion last featured in the Australian Open earlier this year. He suffered a hip flexor injury and bowed out of the second round from the Grand Slam event. Follow Tennis News and LIVE updates on InsideSport.IN 

Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal denies Monte Carlo Masters comeback, says, ‘I don’t know when I’ll play again” – Check Out 

Also Read: Mysore Open 2023: Six Indian players qualify for main draw, Siddharth Vishwakarma HEADLINES after DOMINATING qualifier Win – Check Out

Speaking recently during a award ceremony for the Rafael Nadal Foundation, he said, “I can’t confirm that I will play in Monte Carlo. I’m following my course and I don’t know when I’ll play again, that’s the truth.”

Rafael Nadal’s statement comes days after Monte Carlo Masters tournament director  David Massey announced that Nadal was the first player to register his name for the tournament. The official social media handle of the tournament also confirmed the 22-time Grand Slam champion’s return.

Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal denies Monte Carlo Masters comeback, says, 'I don't know when I'll play again" - Check Out 
Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal denies Monte Carlo Masters comeback, says, ‘I don’t know when I’ll play again” – Check Out

Nadal brushed aside the claims by stating, “I don’t know who gets this information. Obviously if it were true, I would confirm it, but unfortunately I can’t. Things are seen day by day. I prefer to say things when I really know them.”

After his Australian Open injury, Nadal said that it will take him 6 to 8 weeks to recover. However it has been nearly 10 weeks now and it appears that the 36-year old still needs time before he can make his return to the ATP Tour.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Rafa Nadal (@rafaelnadal)

He has however begun his practice on clay courts at the Rafael Nadal Academy. On Tuesday, he posted a picture of his practice on his Instagram account and wrote, “We continue with the preparation for the return to competition.” 

Following his prolonged absence, Nadal has slipped out of the Top 10 spot in the World rankings for the first time in 18 years. He is currently ranked 13th in the ATP Rankings. The Spaniard aims to make his comeback at least before the French Open this year. He is the defending champion in the clay court Grand Slam.

Rafael Nadal Return: Rafael Nadal denies Monte Carlo Masters comeback, says, ‘I don’t know when I’ll play again” – Check Out 

 

Google News Whatsapp channel

Editors pick

RCB W vs MI W: Mumbai Indians dominate with both bat & ball to move to the top