A stipulation has been added to Drew McIntyre and AJ Styles’ WWE Championship match at TLC.
WWE.com now lists that McIntyre vs. Styles at TLC will be a tables, ladders, and chairs match. This is the second stipulation match that’s been announced for the pay-per-view. The Universal Championship will also be on the line in a tables, ladders, and chairs match as Roman Reigns defends his title against Kevin Owens.
Styles became the number one contender to McIntyre’s title by defeating Riddle and Keith Lee in a triple threat match on Raw last Monday.
After winning the number one contender’s match, Styles agreed to help The Miz cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase because it would be easier to defeat Miz instead of McIntyre. Styles was on commentary for last week’s McIntyre & Sheamus vs. Miz & Morrison main event.
He caused the match to end in a disqualification by hitting the Phenomenal Forearm on McIntyre. Miz was going to cash in his briefcase, but McIntyre fought back, sent Morrison out of the ring, and laid out Miz with a Claymore. McIntyre was then about to go face-to-face with Styles, but Styles’ associate Omos carried Styles away.
Styles, Miz & Morrison will face McIntyre & Sheamus in a three-on-two handicap match on this Monday’s episode of Raw.
TLC is taking place on Sunday, December 20. Here’s the updated card for the PPV:
– Universal Champion Roman Reigns defends his title against Kevin Owens in a tables, ladders, and chairs match
– WWE Champion Drew McIntyre defends his title against AJ Styles in a tables, ladders, and chairs match
– SmackDown Women’s Champion Sasha Banks defends her title against Carmella
– Women’s Tag Team Champions Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax defend their titles against Asuka & Lana
– Randy Orton vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt