India vs Pakistan – 5 Questions to Virat Kohli: Team India had a day to forget on Sunday as the Men in Blue succumbed to their first ever defeat against Pakistan in the T20 World Cup. Babar Azam and Co inflicted a humiliating 10 wicket loss on their arch-rivals in Dubai to kick off their Super 12 stage on a brilliant note sealing their place in the record books. The loss means that Virat Kohli will head back to the drawing board considering the manner of their defeat against Pakistan.
InsideSport ask 5 Questions from Virat Kohli and the team management after this humiliating defeat?
India vs Pakistan: 5 Questions which Kohli & Shastri should answer after defeat to Pakistan in T20 World Cup opener?
1. One Dimensional Hardik Pandya Asset or liability? Simple question needs to be answered by the team management – Is One Dimensional & Unfit Hardik Pandya – better than Fit Shardul Thakur who can bat & bowl both?
Everyone knew Pandya can’t bowl, he did not even field against Pakistan – why to persist with a unfit player?
What’s so special about Hardik that others in the squad are left out for a UNFIT PLAYER
In a World Cup, it’s unwise to bet on a horse which has been limping for quite some time now. For the record, Hardik’s last five scores before Sunday’s game were 14 not out, 12 not out, 10, 5 not out and 17.
2. Why no Ishan Kishan in XI? Why Virat & Shastri went in with SuryaKumar Yadav knowing that someone else is in a far better form. Why team preferred a player who is short on runs & in confidence? Why not draft a player i.e Ishan Kishan who is in form.
- Ishan’s last three T20 innings, including one in a warm-up game against England, have seen scores of 50 not out, 84, 70 not out.
- Compare that to Suryakumar’s last three T20 outings with the bat — 82, 8, 38 not out.
Anyone would have picked ISHAN Kishan – but team management went in for reputation.
India vs Pakistan
3. Why problem against tall left-armer not acknowledged and worked on? Before Sunday’s game, Rohit Sharma has fallen victim to left-arm pacers 13 times, Suryakumar Yadav 10 times, Virat Kohli 9 times – but Indian batsman neither acknowledged on the weakness and nor worked on it.
Result – Rohit, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli all fell to a tall left armer name Shaheen Afridi. Did India prepare for him?
4. Why play Bhuvneshwar Kumar? Bhuvneshwar, in his prime, was undoubtedly an asset for Team India. But the Bhuvneshwar of today is unfit, lacks in self-belief and way past his prime.
His IPL 2021 Score Card – 6 wickets from 11 games at an economy of 7.97. Still team persists with him. No one knows why?
And bigger shocker is – team had Shardul Thakur in the squad who is coming from a succesful show in IPL for CSK & yes, he can bat too – STILL Kohli & Shastri left him out for a unfit bowler who is well passed his prime.
India vs Pakistan
5. Why Ashwin picked in the squad & if picked why not include him in the XI in most difficult match?
No one can understand why Ashwin was left out against Pakistan. He is hailed as world’s best spinner but he gets benched – can’t find a place in India’s test XI, nor in T20 XI?
Why pick ASHWIN if you don’t want to play him in XI? Varun Chakravarthy is good, but he is no Ashwin – Atleast not yet. Ashwin’s experience in a PRESSURE game would have helped – but like always VIRAT KOHLI thinks otherwise & will laugh off these questions in the PRESS CONFERENCE.
India vs Pakistan: What went wrong for Team India in T20 World Cup opener?