SRH vs PBKS in IPL 2021: What came as a huge setback for Sunrisers Hyderabad, SRH openers David Warner, Kane Williamson and Manish Pandey once again failed big time. Warner and Williamson departed for single digits while facing Punjab Kings’ pace spearhead Mohd Shami. Pandey followed the duo to the pavilion after his 23-ball 13 as he fell to read a delivery by Ravi Bishnoi. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports, Hotstar.
The development came even as the Orange army required just 126 runs in 20 overs. SRH are currently languishing at the bottom of the points table.
SRH vs PBKS: David Warner, Kane Williamson, Manish Pandey big letdown for Sunrisers Hyderabad once again
- David Warner (107), Kane Williamson (110) and Manish Pandey (114) have the slowest strike rates in IPL 2021.
- Even though the bowlers put a show, the trio failed big time with scores of 0, 18 and 17 against Delhi Capitals in Phase 2 openers respectively. SRH ended up losing the match by 8 wickets.
- Another loss for SRH will end their chances of qualifying in the knockout stages of IPL 2021.
- Williamson has scored only one fifty in his 7 appearances while Warner and Pandey manage just a couple of fifties.
- The entire batting department of SRH is heavily reliant on the performance of these 3 batsmen.
- With the absence of pace spearhead T Natarajan for the next few matches, the trio needs to add extra runs with the bat.
- The lack of cricket over the last few months played a big role in their failures. While Warner and Pandey did not play after the first phase of IPL, Williamson’s last match ahead of IPL was WTC Final in June. Adding to this, the players arrived late to undergo 6-day mandatory quarantine.
- SRH has managed just one win in the IPL 2021. As a result, they are placed on the last position in the latest IPL 2021 Points Table.
For more sports news and SRH vs PBKS live score updates, follow us at insidesport.co