RR Playing XI vs RCB IPL 2021: Will Sanju Samson go with Shreyas Gopal vs RCB? Shivam Dube likely to get a game – Sanju Samson will be looking to make some changes to his side after the Rajasthan Royals suffered a major setback in their chase for the playoff spots, with a defeat against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Samson had brought back the likes of Evin Lewis and Chris Morris for the last game but failed to clinch some much-needed points which would have given them a head start in the playoffs race. The 2008 IPL champions have no room for error now and selecting a winning combination will be key to the Royals’ chances.
RR Playing XI vs RCB IPL 2021: Royals made wholesale changes to their squad for the game against Sunrisers, bringing back Evin Lewis and Chris Morris to the XI, along with Jaydev Unadkat. The move did not work as the trio struggled to make a mark in the contest, and barring Lewis, their places will be in question. Morris after a free Phase 1, has been disappointing in Phase 2 and the management could opt for Tabraiz Shamsi to bolster their spin department instead of the South African all-rounder.
Shamsi did struggle on his debut and should the RR want a different pick, they could opt for Shreyas Gopal to add spin to their attack, while Oshane Thomas and David Miller could contend for Morris’ spot in the line-up.
Lewis should get a longer run at the top of the order, while Kartik Tyagi should also get back in for Unadkat. With David Miller waiting in the wings, RR could opt for the left-hander over Liam Livingstone, who has fallen short of expectations. Manan Vohra could get a game should the Royals lose patience with Riyan Parag, who has failed to reach double digits in Phase 2.
Probable XI: Evin Lewis, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson, Riyan Parag, Liam Livingstone, Mahipal Lomror, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Shreyas Gopal, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman.
RR Playing XI vs RCB IPL 2021: Will Kartik Tyagi, Tabraiz Shamsi make a return? Samson eyes changes after shock SRH loss
- Kartik Tyagi’s omission against SRH was a surprise omission and the speedster should duly return against RCB on Wednesday, should Sanju Samson stick with the same bowling combination.
- Shamsi’s struggle on debut makes it a difficult proposition for RR to recall him immediately, meaning Morris is likely to retain his place.
- Shreyas Gopal hasn’t played a single game this season and could be brought in with the pitches in UAE offering turn. The leggie also has an impressive record against both Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers.
- Evin Lewis was dismissed cheaply but his recent form and opening game heroics suggest that he will be given a longer run, so will Liam Livingstone, after Miller failed to make the most of his against Delhi.
- While Royals do have the option of bringing in Manan Vohra or Shivam Dube for Riyan Parag, the franchise seem to have backed the youngster to the hilt and his versatility, despite his poor performance makes him an asset over the other two options.