SRH vs PBKS Highlights – IPL 2021: Sunrisers crash out of playoff race after defeat to Punjab Kings, Bishnoi & Shami clinch low scoring thriller by 5 runs – Sunrisers Hyderabad crashed out of IPL 2021 playoff race despite Jason Holder’s quickfire 47 as they lost to Punjab Kings by 5 runs. Ravi Bishnoi and Mohammed Shami shone with the ball scalping three and two wickets respectively. This is SRH’s 8th defeat in 9 IPL matches this season. Meanwhile KL Rahul’s team now has 4 victories from 10 matches & is back in reckoning for a playoff spot – Follow IPL 2021 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co
SRH vs PBKS Highlights – IPL 2021: PBKS beat SRH – It was the second-lowest total defended by Punjab Kings in IPL. The lowest total they defended was 120 back in IPL 2009 in Durban against Mumbai Indians. As for SRH, it was the lowest total they failed to chase. In IPL 2020, they failed to chase 127 against the same opponent.
Lowest targets successfully defended by PBKS (IPL)
120 vs MI Durban 2009
126 vs SRH Sharjah 2021 *
127 vs SRH Dubai 2020
133 vs KKR Abu Dhabi 2014
Lowest targets failed to chase down by SRH (IPL)
126 vs PBKS Sharjah 2021 – today
127 vs PBKS Dubai 2020
137 vs MI Hyderabad 2019
IPL 2021 Teams Points Table – PBKS beat SRH
|2||Chennai Super Kings||9||7||2||0||14||+1.185|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||9||5||4||0||10||-0.720|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||9||4||5||0||8||+0.363|
SRH vs PBKS Highlights – PBKS beat SRH: SRH crash out of playoff race despite Holder’s quickfire 47, Punjab Kings clinch thriller by 5 runs
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021: Earlier, Kane Williamson won the toss and opted to bowl first on a track that was slow and gave no opportunity to Punjab Kings batters. KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle all failed. Aiden Markram’s 27 was the highest as Jason Holder’s 3/19 and Rashid Khan’s 1/17 restricted PBKS to just 125.
On a slow Sharjah wicket, Punjab Kings struggled especially after KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal were off to a slow start and departed quickly after the powerplay. Then on, as it has been the case, Punjab kept on losing wickets at regular intervals. Aiden Markram was the top scorer with 27.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021 – PBKS beat SRH: However, Sunrisers Hyderabad’s horror show with the bat continued as they lost David Warner, Kane Williamson and Manish Pandey early in the chase and could score just 20/2 in the powerplay, their lowest in the IPL history.
SRH’s lowest totals in Powerplay:
20/2 vs PBKS in IPL 2021
21/3 vs RR in IPL 2013
25/4 vs PWI in IPL 2013
26/1 vs RR in IPL 2020
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021: However, Jason Holder raised hopes with some powerful shots and changed the complexion of the game. His 47 off 29 balls kept SRH in the game until the last over. But losing Wriddhiman Saha became crucial before Rashid Khan too departed quickly.
Punjab Kings bowlers although ticked all the boxes. Their slower deliveries on the slower surface were difficult to read. Ravi Bishnoi’s 3/24 and Mohammed Shami’s 2/14 kept Punjab Kings in the game. While Holder tried his bit, the last over from debutant Nathan Ellis didn’t yield the desired result as SRH fell short by 5 runs to bow out of IPL 2021’s playoff race.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021: After the win, Punjab Kings, somehow, managed to keep their playoffs hopes alive moving to the 5th spot with 8 points from 10 games. SRH are at the bottom of the table with just two points from 10 matches.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021: Unwanted records broken:
- SRH became only the 2nd team to lose eight of their first nine matches in an IPL season. KKR did that in 2009.
- Aiden Markram’s 27 is the joint-lowest highest individual score for a team batting first and winning an IPL match.
- Shikhar Dhawan (27*) & Kumar Sangakkara (27) scored as many for Deccan Chargers in their win against MI in 2011.
- 20/2 is SRH’s lowest-ever powerplay score in IPL.
- 126 is SRH’s lowest-ever target that they have failed to chase in IPL. In IPL 2020, they failed to get 126 against PBKS.
IPL 2021 Teams Points Table
|2||Chennai Super Kings||9||7||2||0||0||14||1.185|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||9||5||4||0||0||10||-0.72|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||9||4||5||0||0||8||0.363|
SRH vs PBKS LIVE Score – PBKS BEAT SRH
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021: SRH 120/7, lost by 5 runs
|David Warner||c †Rahul b Mohammed Shami||2||3||0||0||66.66|
|Wriddhiman Saha †||run out (Arshdeep Singh/Ravi Bishnoi)||31||37||1||0||83.78|
|Kane Williamson (c)||b Mohammed Shami||1||6||0||0||16.66|
|Manish Pandey||b Ravi Bishnoi||13||23||1||0||56.52|
|Kedar Jadhav||b Ravi Bishnoi||12||12||0||0||100.00|
|Abdul Samad||c Gayle b Ravi Bishnoi||1||2||0||0||50.00|
|Jason Holder||not out||47||29||0||5||162.06|
|Rashid Khan||c & b Arshdeep Singh||3||4||0||0||75.00|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||not out||3||4||0||0||75.00|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 2, w 4)||7|
|TOTAL||(20 Ov, RR: 6.00)||120/7|
Did not bat: Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed
Fall of wickets: 1-2 (David Warner, 0.3 ov), 2-10 (Kane Williamson, 2.2 ov), 3-32 (Manish Pandey, 7.6 ov), 4-56 (Kedar Jadhav, 12.2 ov), 5-60 (Abdul Samad, 12.6 ov), 6-92 (Wriddhiman Saha, 16.1 ov), 7-105 (Rashid Khan, 18.1 ov)
Over 20: Nathan Ellis with the final over, he needs to defend 17
- It’s all over. SRH crash out of playoff race. Punjab Kings clinch thriller by five runs.
- SIX! Holder smashes Ellis for a 6. SRH need 10 off 3.
- Single off the first ball, brings Holder back on strike.
Over 19: Arshdeep Singh back for his final over
- WICKET! Rashid Khan departs. The fate of the match hangs in balance.
Over 18: Mohammed Shami back in attack for his last over
- SRH need 23 off 15 now.
- SIX! Holder keeps SRH’s hopes alive, smacks Shami for a 6.
Over 17: Arshdeep Singh back in attack
- WICKET! A terrible mix-up in the middle and Saha is run-out. It was the last thing SRH needed at this point.
Over 16: Nathan Ellis comes back in attack
- The 16-run over brings SRH back in the game. They now need 35 off 24 balls.
- SIX! Another. Yet another quick delivery and Holder sends it straight for a 6.
- SIX! Jason Holder reads the ball well and uses the pace to smash it for a six.
Over 15: Bishnoi with his last over
- Bishnoi ends his quota with 3/24 in four overs.
- SIX! Holder smacks him for a six in the follow-up delivery.
- Bishnoi completely beats Jason Holder with a wrong-un.
Over 13: Bishnoi comes back in attack
- WICKET! Bishnoi with another wicket. Samad tries to go for a big hit and edges it to Chris Gayle.
- WICKET! Bishnoi cleans up Kedar Jadhav’s wicket and SRH are on the verge of wrapping up IPL campaign.
Over 12: Harpreet Brar continues
- SRH are in a spot of bother. The slow wicket hasn’t helped them get any boundaries and the required run rate keeps climbing high. They need another 70 off 48 runs at a RRR of 8.75
Over 8: Ravi Bishnoi comes into the attack
- WICKET! Bishnoi gets Manish Pandey. The Karnataka batter’s struggle continues, fails to read Bishnoi’s length and loses his stumps.
- Manish Pandey hammers Bishnoi for a 4, a welcome boundary for SRH.
Over 6: Arshdeep Singh with the last over of powerplay.
- Lowest powerplay score for SRH in IPL: 20/2 vs PBKS in 2021, 21/3 vs RR in 2013, 25/4 vs PWI Pune in 2013, 26/1 vs RR in 2020.
- SRH put up the lowest score of powerplay in IPL 2021 with 20/2.
- It was also SRH’s lowest powerplay score ever in IPL history.
Over 4: Nathan Ellis makes IPL debut
- Good over from Ellis.
Over 3: Mohammed Shami back in attack
- Maiden over and a wicket. Shami ticks both boxes.
- WICKET! Shami is on fire, cleans up Kane Williamson’s stumps after the Kiwi skipper takes a huge inside edge.
Over 2: Arshdeep Singh in attack
- Wriddhiman Saha takes on Arshdeep for a four.
Over 1: Mohammed Shami begins PBKS attack
- Kane Williamson comes in early.
- WICKET! David Warner’s nightmare continues. He tried to take on a moving ball and gave away a catch to KL Rahul.
- David Warner is up against Shami and an inside edge had almost cleaned up his stumps.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights in IPL 2021: PBKS 125/7
|KL Rahul (c)†||c sub (J Suchith) b Holder||21||21||3||0||100.00|
|Mayank Agarwal||c Williamson b Holder||5||6||0||0||83.33|
|Chris Gayle||lbw b Rashid Khan||14||17||1||0||82.35|
|Aiden Markram||c Pandey b Abdul Samad||27||32||2||0||84.37|
|Nicholas Pooran||c & b Sandeep Sharma||8||4||0||1||200.00|
|Deepak Hooda||c sub (J Suchith) b Holder||13||10||1||0||130.00|
|Harpreet Brar||not out||18||18||1||0||100.00|
|Nathan Ellis||c Pandey b Kumar||12||12||0||1||100.00|
|Mohammed Shami||not out||0||0||0||0||–|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 3, w 3)||7|
|TOTAL||(20 Ov, RR: 6.25)||125/7|
Yet to bat: Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh
Fall of wickets: 1-26 (KL Rahul, 4.1 ov), 2-27 (Mayank Agarwal, 4.5 ov), 3-57 (Chris Gayle, 10.4 ov), 4-66 (Nicholas Pooran, 11.4 ov), 5-88 (Aiden Markram, 14.4 ov), 6-96 (Deepak Hooda, 15.4 ov), 7-118 (Nathan Ellis, 19.3 ov)
Over 20: Bhuvneshwar Kumar with his last over – PBKS beat SRH
- FOUR! It was disappointing for Bhuvi. He finishes up with 14 runs.
- Almost another for Bhuvi. Brar tried to hammer a slower ball but didn’t have enough timing. But it falls short of the fielder.
- WICKET! Ellis departs and Bhuvneshwar Kumar finally gets a wicket.
- Nathan Ellis takes on a slower delivery and hammers him for a 6.
Over 19: Jason Holder with his final over
- Holder finishes up with 3/19.
- Holder almost had a wicket after Brar tries to hit a slower ball for a 6 but it falls short of Warner.
Over 18: Bhuvneshwar Kumar with his 3rd over
- Good over from Bhuvi, gives away just 4 runs.
Over 17: Rashid Khan comes in
- Rashid Khan completes his quota and he was a miser, giving away just 17 runs in four overs.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights: Over 16: Jason Holder comes in
- WICKET! What a catch. J Suchith was on the field as a substitute fielder but takes the catch of the tournament to send Hooda back.
Over 14: Abdul Samad comes into bowling attack for the first time in IPL 2021
- Hooda takes charge and hammers Hooda for a 4.
- WICKET! Aiden markram departs. Slow wicket and he tried to take on Samad and he gave a simple catch to Manish Pandey.
- Markram and Hooda take on Samad.
Over 14: Khaleel Ahmed comes in
- Markram with another boundary. He takes on Khaleel for a 4.
Over 12: Sandeep Sharma back in attack
- WICKET! Pooran tried to continue hammering but Sandeep managed to latch on to the catch.
- SIX! Finally a six in the innings. Nicholas Pooran comes in and hammers Sandeep for a 6.
Over 11: Rashid Khan in attack
- Nicholas Pooran comes in after Chris Gayle blow.
- WICKET! Rashid Khan comes in and takes the big wicket of Chris Gayle. Punjab Kings in real trouble.
SRH vs PBKS LIVE score: Over 10: Khaleel Ahmed continues
- A good over for Punjab. 10 runs off it but they are not out of the woods yet.
- Chris Gayle’s straight drive clears the boundary, a rare one in the innings.
Over 9: Rashid Khan comes into attack – PBKS beat SRH
- Chris Gayle hits him straight but it strikes the stumps.
Over 8: Jason Holder continues the attack. PBKS 39/2
- if he can manage another wicket, Punjab won’t have many batters left.
Over 7: DROPPED! David Warner drops Markram off a Khaleel Ahmed delivery.
- Warner already is in troubled with a drop in strike rate and hasn’t done himself any favours dropping that one.
Over 6: Sandeep Sharma with his third over and final of powerplay.
- Powerplay ends with 29 runs. It was the second slowest powerplay of IPL in Sharjah.
- Aiden Markram comes in after Mayank Agarwal’s wicket.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights: Over 5: WICKET! Jason Holder comes into the attack and sends KL Rahul back.
- WICKET! Holder on fire, Mayank Agarwal follows his best friend back. The slow pitch and the slower delivery did the trick and as he tried to take on, he failed, giving a catch in the cover.
- Chris Gayle comes in after KL Rahul’s wicket. He has to play a long innings today.
Over 4: Bhuvneshwar Kumar had almost forced KL Rahul to edge it to Saha but lucky Rahul survives.
- But KL Rahul with a clever shot scoops Bhuvi for a four. PBKS 25/0
4⃣0⃣0⃣ runs for KL Rahul in #IPL2021 and counting… 👌
— Punjab Kings (@PunjabKingsIPL) September 25, 2021
Over 3: Sandeep Sharma continues and KL Rahul once again manages to find an edge for a 4. PBKS 19/0
Over 2: Bhuvneshwar Kumar comes in and KL Rahul tries take on but an outside edge goes for 4.
Over 1: Sandeep Sharma begins SRH’s attack and has managed to swing two balls in so far.
PBKS beat SRH