Manchester United New Manager – Zinedine Zidane Not Interested: In another setback for struggling Manchester United, football legend Zinedine Zidane has snubbed approach by Man United management to lead the club. According to reports in French & UK Media, Zidane will not take up United’s job. For now Michael Carrick has been given charge of the team on a caretaker basis: Follow all LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN
Ole Gunnar Soskjaer was sacked by United on Sunday after Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Watford.
Manchester United New Manager: Zidane ‘Not INTERESTED’, PSG boss Pochettino shows interest in becoming Man United manager: Follow LIVE Updates
Why Zidane is not interested in taking up role with Manchester United? The former Real Madrid boss ended his second spell as Real manager in May this year & is out of work since then. Still he is not inclined to take role with Man United.
Reason, he is more interested in staying put in France & either lead French national side or Paris St-Germain.
According to El Partidazo de Cope – 3 Prime reasons for Zidane to reject Man United offer are –
- Firstly, the 49-year-old’s ‘command’ of the English language makes him hesitant to pursue a job in the country.
- On top of that, Zidane’s wife also has no interest in moving to England, which will have proved decisive.
- Most interestingly, though, the ex-Real Madrid boss is more tempted by the PSG job, which could be ‘appearing on the horizon’.
Zidane has won three consecutive Champions League titles with Real Madrid from 2016. After leaving in 2018, he returned a year later and won La Liga and the Spanish Super Cup in 2020 & could have been Man United’s savior – but for now HE IS NOT AN OPTION.
Manchester United New Manager: If not Zidane who can lead ManU?
PSG Boss Mauricio Pochettino: According to a report by the Daily Mail, ‘Pochettino would be prepared to quit Paris Saint-Germain and return to the Premier League’
No official statement either by ManU or Pochettino has been made in this regard. The report says that the Argentine is still staying in a hotel & is not settled fully. He is also not too pleased in managing team which has Mega-Stars like Lionel Messi, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe with Mega-Egos
Manchester United New Manager – Names in fray?
- Zinedine Zidane (Not Working Currently) – NOT INTERESTED in JOB
- Mauricio Pochettino (PSG’s Manager) – Interested but not approached yet
- Ajax boss Erik ten Hag is another candidate who would be interested in the United job, but it’s believed that he would not be available until the summer.
- Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers
- Ralf Rangnick, currently head of sports and development at Lokomotiv Moscow