Southeast Asia Riot Games is upping to the next level with exciting activities around the League of Legends: Wild Rift Open Regional Beta, as the player-focused company announces the League of Legends: Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown, scheduled for the period from December 12-13, 12:00 PM (GMT +8).It will pit eight Southeast Asian countries against each other, with a $65,000 (around P3.1 million) prize pool on the line.
Announcing the Wild Rift SEA Pentaboom Showdown! A fun & exciting showmatch featuring 40 celebrities and content creators across Southeast Asia!
— League of Legends: Wild Rift (@wildrift) November 30, 2020
League of Legends: Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown, which is held with official event organizer IO Esports, will feature eight teams of five content creators and VIPs from Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
In addition, Riot Games, the developers behind League of Legends, has also pledged $60,000 (around P2.9 million) as donations to various charities. In the Philippines and Cambodia, a portion of the donations will go to Passerelles Numeriques, an NGO that provides training in IT.
Participating teams will win a total of $ 66,500 in prizes, prizes from official sponsors Razer and Secretlab, as well as bragging rights as the strongest Wild Rift in the region.
“It’s been so long, but we can’t be thrilled to celebrate that League of Legends: Wild Rift is now open to our players in Southeast Asia.” Justin Hulog, General Manager of Riot Games SEA, said: “With this charity match, we want to end a year 2020 by giving back and engaging our players in a fun and entertaining show featuring some of their favorite characters across the region. ”Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.
Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown will be broadcast live in Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Burmese, English, Khmer, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese on Facebook, YouTube and Twitch, and will feature notable personalities including:
· Chea, Henaa, Prom Official ML and T26.haha Games from Cambodia
· Cindy Gullla, Dylan PROS, GOGOGOY, Jess No Limit and VY Gaming from Indonesia
· Fredo Samon, Harris Anwar, Ismail Azzani, Soluz, and XK Benjat from Malaysia
· Ace Gaming, GuGu, ICEICE, Original Matt Channel and NX Live from Myanmar
· Alodia Gosiengfiao, Ashley Gosiengfiao, Dexie Diaz, James Reid and Megan Young from the Philippines
· Daniel Ron (TITAN GAMERS), Nathan Hartono, Ryan Tan (Night Owl Cinematics), Sezairi and Vincent Sin (TITAN GAMERS) from Singapore
· Dx Channel, Frozenkiss, JAI RAW and May Pitchanart from Thailand. A final participant will be announced in December!
· ADN Ai YM, Little Chanh Gaming, Milona, Misthy and Msuong from Vietnam
From adrenaline-filled moments of outplay, thrilling teamfights to Baron steals – players and fans of Wild Rift can look forward to seeing their favourite personalities flexing their skills, and thumbs, uniting as a team to outplay other participating teams – all for a charitable cause.
League of Legends, or LoL, is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game launched in 2009. Players control a ‘champion’ with special abilities and battle against a team of other players or AI-controlled champions in a pre-defined arena. The goal is to destroy the other team’s ‘nexus,’ a structure located at the heart of base which is protected by defensive structures.